Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Headers on the way

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers on the way

I just ordered a set of headers on ebay that people seem to be using here on this site and are also recommending. I figured i'd give them a go and see how i like them. My question is for those who have these headers, do they have new bolts or must i use the factory ones to install them. Also I think its the egr plate or so that is on the stock manifold, do these also have the mounting or do i have to block off the egr plate? heres a link of the headers i bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMEBDIX%3AIT
Old 06-01-2010, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinistersilverado
I just ordered a set of headers on ebay that people seem to be using here on this site and are also recommending. I figured i'd give them a go and see how i like them. My question is for those who have these headers, do they have new bolts or must i use the factory ones to install them. Also I think its the egr plate or so that is on the stock manifold, do these also have the mounting or do i have to block off the egr plate? heres a link of the headers i bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMEBDIX%3AIT
Everyone either uses the stock ones, new replacements, or even switches to studs with nuts. I chose the stock bolts since they were right there, and free. I also re-used my 100,000 mile + exhaust gaskets with zero problems whatsoever. The Ebay headers have the EGR mounting, or you can simply block it off with a 1/8" pipe plug.

Do yourself a favor and get TWO 2.5" "Lap Joint" stainless steel band clamps for the Y pipe. Leak-free, reasonably priced, and make it very easy to remove Y pipe if you should ever have to...pipes will slide apart since they won't be crimped shut with a traditional muffler clamp.

I have a big write-up on this site with tons of pictures, install tips, and helpful info...

Check it out:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=450962
Old 06-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Launching!

thanks a bunch rel3rd. This was very helpful and will be taken to mind once the parts are in.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Launching!

I'd like to also know what the benefits are from removing the egr? or should i just hook that up?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

post a vid of what is sounds afterwords. its always nice when parts come in the mail!

Originally Posted by Sinistersilverado
I'd like to also know what the benefits are from removing the egr? or should i just hook that up?
Mine is getting deleted. It was recomened by the shop doing my 6.0 swap.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Launching!

well heres a link to how my truck sounds as of now before headers....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCv-FhFR01A
Old 06-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Launching!

yea, but what benefits are you looking forward to? i know ls1's in the f-bodys did away with the egr also around 2000 or 2001 i think? Also seemed to come out with a little more hp. but could have been due to they were equipped with ls6 intakes instead of ls1s? I'm all up to taking that stuff off but i just wanna know a little bit more before actually doing it.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I;ll let someoen else chime in on why to remove it. My shop guy said remove + tune it out and remove vvt and thats whats going to happen.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Teching In

is there alot of difference in gains from these compared to pacesetters??? because also interested in getting some longtubes since my shorties arent cuttin it anymore
Old 06-02-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by La Palomita
is there alot of difference in gains from these compared to pacesetters??? because also interested in getting some longtubes since my shorties arent cuttin it anymore
I would like to know this as well.. I would figure most long tubes on the market perform close to the same.

Quick Reply: Headers on the way