Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Heads/Cam driving impressions after three days

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How bout valvetrain noise?

Ive heard alot about this with other cams
and looking at the lobes ..looks like it would
be unbearable
but mine seems to be quiet as hell

or maybe Im deaf

Good results
Its so nice to have a versatile range of power

Welcome to the vinci club
We like climbing mountains in OD with ease
Old 03-03-2005, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dawg that thing idles perfect and has very smooth shifts and power. I wish mine was that smooth, hopefully it will pull like your too. well see
Old 03-04-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

valvetrain noise ????...what's that ???

mine is as quiet as stock....maybe even slightly quieter as it seems I can hear the injectors ALOT more now than I could before
Old 03-04-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Addict

I also called Allen Nelson today.....I think I'm gonna have him ship me out an '02 PCM on Monday, we talked at length about my wants and needs and he REALLY seems to know his ****. Apparantly Seth is no longer with Cmotorsports so the offer of a cheap re-tune from them is out (he made the offer...it no longer holds because he's not with them anymore). I think I'd rather do it this way then even worry about HPTuners for now.....it's gonna cost me less to do it this way and since updates and re-tunes are free it should work out just as good for now
Old 03-04-2005, 06:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yelo
I also called Allen Nelson today.....I think I'm gonna have him ship me out an '02 PCM on Monday, we talked at length about my wants and needs and he REALLY seems to know his ****. Apparantly Seth is no longer with Cmotorsports so the offer of a cheap re-tune from them is out (he made the offer...it no longer holds because he's not with them anymore). I think I'd rather do it this way then even worry about HPTuners for now.....it's gonna cost me less to do it this way and since updates and re-tunes are free it should work out just as good for now
well thats beat up
Someone not working there is an unacceptable excuse

mine seemed to like the dyno alot
but I didnt need to upgrade to the
02 pcm either
Old 03-04-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gamedawgx53
Welcome to the vinci club
We like climbing mountains in OD with ease
That's hilarious!

I still can't believe how much my "baby" cam lopes when it's uncorked. That's around 625-650.

Yelo, Does your engine/truck shake with the idle that low? I can't drop mine much under 585 in P/N, or else I get a shudder that's transmitted to the whole truck. It's not a big deal really. In P/N it's fine at 600, better sounding at 625, and starting to tame out a bit around 650.

In gear, it's perfectly happy at 585-600. I've never had my engine stall with the cam. It's honestly never come close...
Old 03-04-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

It shakes like a mother in gear, in P/N it's not too bad but it's still noticable. I REALLY think the issue is the '99 PCM....I had some SERIOUS issues getting it tuned the first time and it never HAS run 100% perfect, the ONLY time it stalls is when it's cold and I go quickly into reverse then drive....I think the idle is just so low that it can't hold on well enough. I idle at 550 in P/N and riht at 500 in gear...that's pretty low for even a stock cam
Old 03-04-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Oh wow...

My stock idle was 550 in P/N and 525 in G.

Yours sounds like mine, except for the stalling. I'm certain once you get the idle raised a bit, you'll be 100% happy with things.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Yelo
Yelo,

Just curious if you are going with bigger injectors, or does Allen think your stock ones are ok?
Old 03-04-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Allen seems to think that with the pretty mild mods I have that the stock injectors will be fine.....

Quick Reply: Heads/Cam driving impressions after three days