Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

help me

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me

Alright heres the situation fellas I'm sittin at 270hp and 305ftlbs of torque.
mods include headers, dumped exhaust, intake, programmer, zo6 cam, msd wires.
I would really like to hit 300hp and more torque. My plans are cut out the cats and get a muffler shop to run true duals. I work at an auto parts store so im just going to put some e-fans from there and put a throttle body spacer after that. Will that get me up there and if not what else could i do Im here about pullys but what do they do and do they make a gain I would like to stay away from the spray. Also i want to do vette servos and how much do they help? Also I would like to get my truck into the mid or so 13's am I there already with what I have so far or not. Anyway anything will help thanks guys.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

Do you have short headers? The longer ones will help a little. also get a better program, seems the hand helds don't make much power. I Use one cause I haven't decided who's tune I want yet & I love the way it shifts. With that you should be pretty close to where you want to be, and then you will want more, It's a Viscious cycle that never ends, just the money does
Old 04-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Launching!

pullies have pro's and con's usually....
Im not familure with what pullies most people here use...but in general they slow down the belt system... which at idle wont allow for a proper charge charge from the alternator and the A/C wont hardly blow cold air while your at idle... Of course it all goes back to normal when you come off idle.
There are overdrive pullies for the alternator to prevent this...but like I said, Im not sure whats out there.

Might think about some roller rocker arms with a higher ratio, a mail in tune and e-fans.

I think I would start with one of those mail order tunes from one of the sponsers on here... you would probably benifit from that the most.