Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

help me to choose header

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default help me to choose header

Hey, I just wanted to see if anybody who want to help me to pick one header longtube for my 06 silverado. I have hard time to decide which one I should stick with pacematter or thorley longtube. I can see the pacematter cheap $ did they make good horsepower and torque? Is anything will be affect bad mpg or anything like that. I have been wonder about my 02 sensor wires may not fit in longtube. Since need to get long wires. BUT does they come with 4 hole bungs? Since I look at my stock mainfold, cats they are four 02 sensors mount. I wonder the longtube does come in with bolts, gasket? What else? I need to know. Which should I get black coat or cremaic coat? I probably stick with y pipe. Its call LT correct? If I put on y pipe on longtube. Will my engine light turn on? It will not pass my emission? That where my locate always have to take emission every year. I may can run ypipe. Once I have to go emission I will have to find cheap $ for high flow and put on. What would you think?
Old 11-03-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

aanybody
Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude it's hard to understand you..... use grammar check or something.... buy the pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe and get a tune.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fastgmc53
dude it's hard to understand you..... use grammar check or something.... buy the pacesetter LT's and Y-pipe and get a tune.
Im trying do my best. Since Im deaf. Its hard to make grammar right.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
Hey, I just wanted to see if anybody who want to help me to pick one header longtube for my 06 silverado. I have hard time to decide which one I should stick with pacematter or thorley longtube. I can see the pacematter cheap $ did they make good horsepower and torque? Is anything will be affect bad mpg or anything like that. I have been wonder about my 02 sensor wires may not fit in longtube. Since need to get long wires. BUT does they come with 4 hole bungs? Since I look at my stock mainfold, cats they are four 02 sensors mount. I wonder the longtube does come in with bolts, gasket? What else? I need to know. Which should I get black coat or cremaic coat? I probably stick with y pipe. Its call LT correct? If I put on y pipe on longtube. Will my engine light turn on? It will not pass my emission? That where my locate always have to take emission every year. I may can run ypipe. Once I have to go emission I will have to find cheap $ for high flow and put on. What would you think?
Go with the pacesetters. They will provide bolts and gaskets but you can reuse the factory ones, they work better. You wont need to extend the wires for the o2 sensors. YOu will need a tune to turn off the engine light, or o2 simulators. You wont need this if you get the cats put back on after the headers. If you have emissions, you will need some cats on there. I would get the headers and high flow cats(if you have emissions test), then get it tuned to take full advantage of the headers. If no emissions, get the off road Y pipe.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:10 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does GA do a visual inspection? If so, you're going to need cats on there. You'll either need someone to fab up a custom y-pipe with the Pacesetters (not easy, but it's been done), or get a set up that comes with a catted y-pipe such as Dynatech or StainlessWorks. I have the SW's with catted y and mine are great, but I've read some threads recently of guys having issues with them and the cats blowing apart (although I believe that was a boosted application). Both the Dyna's and SW's are pricey, but they're stainless and are a direct bolt on that you install and shouldn't have to worry about. The OBX's are another option, they're like the old style Dynatech's, but they have resonators that look like cats. You'll need your tune adjusted so that your check engine light doesn't come on. The OBX's are considerably cheaper than the Dynatech's and SW's.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

I`ve had pacesetters on a 2006 dodge ram that I used to have, and they`re the best bang for the buck, now on my 2008 sierra denali I`m trying to see if they make the ones for my truck
Old 11-03-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

They just do is check emission from computer plug in my truck under dash I forget whatit call. Also plug in fuel cap. Anyway I just want to compare from highflow cat, no cat, to see which is good for performance. I wonder if no cat will hurt mpg, lose any hp n torque?
Old 11-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

It's too bad you can't hear the badass sound once you get those things, but you WILL be able to feel it

I've got pacesetter LTs and ORY, theyre badass.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

no cats. and it makes your exhaust smell awesome. You shouldnt lose any HP or MPG by going catless.

Quick Reply: help me to choose header