Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

help me with my ATI S/C i cant get the power i should be

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j4nash
Well I have good news to report. Yesterday I got a new boost gauge and tonight I got around to putting it in. but even better news is that the boost gauge that I had was bad. Now I am seeing about 5-6psi of boost. Most of the time I see about 5psi of boost but at times I see up to 6 psi of boost. So now I just need to find about 4-5 more psi of boost.

Now I can except that I am loosing 2-3 psi of boost over what I should be seeing with the 4in pulley. And that loss would be from my cam and headers.

That sound about right to you guys?
Before you add any more boost... you need to either get it dyno so you can find out what your fuel mixture truly is and then see how much of the duty cycle is left to add fuel...if you don't want to keep playing with bigger fuel injectors you could install a FMU unit what will allow you to increase the fuel pressure since you already have a aux fuel pump installed, right?....you might also concider getting a wideband 02...running extremely lean will first melt spark plugs and if you keep running lean it will melt pistons!

Ken
Old 06-08-2005, 08:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I pulled a spark pluge last night and it looked great.i would think that my 44lb injectors are more then enough, along with my bigger inline pump. so with a good tune i don't think i would need the FMU
Old 06-08-2005, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by j4nash
I pulled a spark pluge last night and it looked great.i would think that my 44lb injectors are more then enough, along with my bigger inline pump. so with a good tune i don't think i would need the FMU
What heat range, type plugs are you running? Also they need to be gapped about 35ths....they should have a light tan color...there should not be any deposits on them or look chalky white or black....you were saying that the power was not great...you could be running lean on the very top end...that's the problem I have right now but I have a different injector system and have to address it differently.

It's nice to have a truck forum like this where everyone can help

Ken
Old 06-08-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

the plugs i am running are ngk TR6's they are a little colder plug then the stock plugs and i gaped then at 35 when i put them in.

the plug at the top looked good it was a light tan color, but a little bit of the threads on the plug was black
Old 06-08-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok i got the exact number on me plugs it is a NGK TR6 4177 gaped at 35

when i was talking to steven over on the silverado SS site (the guy that said he beat parish) he told me that i would need to run a 3.65 pulley to get 10lbs of boost and a 3.80 to get 8. and he said he had shipped them to me so i have been waiting now for about almost 2 weeks for them.

I don't plant on putting on the new pulleys till i get my HP Tuners.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i got my hp tuners today but after i put it on my computer i found out that the VCM Flash does not work. man this sucks, can't i get a break