Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Help with My Silverado and Sierra

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:45 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind of info are you looking for? I have a Corsa system, as do many other members, I'm sure we can help you out....
Old 06-19-2006, 06:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
What kind of info are you looking for? I have a Corsa system, as do many other members, I'm sure we can help you out....

i want 2 know if it will void factory warranty, how to order online, pics for the systems, and such things.

but the most important thing is the factory warranty.

i paid 4 this warranty ( 5years ) and i dont want to lose that
Old 06-19-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Corsa will NOT void your warranty, just like other catback exhausts. You can order it from their website. I have the Corsa sport side exit exhaust on my truck. It was easy to install and it sounds awesome. It is the best sounding exhaust for late model GM trucks, IMO. Here is a picture of my truck's exhaust:

Old 06-19-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont consider any other header tan the Dynatech. It is the only true bolt-on kit(correct me if I'm wrong), other than StainlessWorks, but I dont think there kit has cats and I cant remeber, but I think you have to have a little welding done...again, correct me if Im wrong..

I do know that the Corsa Systems are the only cat-back certified by GM. So it deffinatly will not void the warranty.

Since I believe the factory warranty covers the exhaust manifolds, headers will void that particular portion of the warranty But that wont affect you. because you just put the best on there

Based on the fact that you have too install this all, the only exhaust systems(cat-back) you should use is Corsa or Magnaflow. I think you will like the Corsa better.

I had Magnaflow on my last truck, this truck, and my cousin has it on his Tahoe. The kit is very simple to install. All you need is a sawzall and some basic wrenches. The only downside to it, is the DRONE. Yes, it does drone. I have heard 3 completly different setups and 2 out of the 3 drone. My current system is the one that doesnt. This is because it has to be the biggest, quietest muffler they make.

I havnet heard a Corsa system drone. So for your application, I think you should go with Corsa.

If there is a dealer near you they may even be able to get the Corsa system and install it for you.

I have been wondering how well the Volant works...I really dont know a whole lot about them, but I have heard some good things. I think it would be the best though because of the RAM-AIR feature. That will make a huge difference in your IAT (inlet air temperature) and give you better performance. How hot does it get where you are?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackLM7
Corsa will NOT void your warranty, just like other catback exhausts. You can order it from their website. I have the Corsa sport side exit exhaust on my truck. It was easy to install and it sounds awesome. It is the best sounding exhaust for late model GM trucks, IMO. Here is a picture of my truck's exhaust:

thx for the info and pic

u really helped alot

thx again
Old 06-19-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TravisH
Dont consider any other header tan the Dynatech. It is the only true bolt-on kit(correct me if I'm wrong), other than StainlessWorks, but I dont think there kit has cats and I cant remeber, but I think you have to have a little welding done...again, correct me if Im wrong..

I do know that the Corsa Systems are the only cat-back certified by GM. So it deffinatly will not void the warranty.

Since I believe the factory warranty covers the exhaust manifolds, headers will void that particular portion of the warranty But that wont affect you. because you just put the best on there

Based on the fact that you have too install this all, the only exhaust systems(cat-back) you should use is Corsa or Magnaflow. I think you will like the Corsa better.

I had Magnaflow on my last truck, this truck, and my cousin has it on his Tahoe. The kit is very simple to install. All you need is a sawzall and some basic wrenches. The only downside to it, is the DRONE. Yes, it does drone. I have heard 3 completly different setups and 2 out of the 3 drone. My current system is the one that doesnt. This is because it has to be the biggest, quietest muffler they make.

I havnet heard a Corsa system drone. So for your application, I think you should go with Corsa.

If there is a dealer near you they may even be able to get the Corsa system and install it for you.

I have been wondering how well the Volant works...I really dont know a whole lot about them, but I have heard some good things. I think it would be the best though because of the RAM-AIR feature. That will make a huge difference in your IAT (inlet air temperature) and give you better performance. How hot does it get where you are?
ty alot buddy

i think i wont install any headers coz i tolked to the factory and they told me that it will void my warranty.

But it is ok to install Magnaflow exhaust systems.

i forgot to ask them about Corsa systems and K&N and Volant air filters and intake systems. i will go there and talk to them abot them and i will also ask if they can order these things 4 me. maybe they will get 4 me a special price.

the problem is that we dont have any dealers here in Qatar.

dont ask about the weather here. its about 31 - 33 C now and it will get worse in july and august. it will start to cool down in september

thats why i need something really good

thank u mate 4 ur help
Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i cant believe no one said this yet but CUSTOM DYNO TUNE!
it will really wake up your truck-both of them

some 4.10 gears will help a lot too make sure you get lsd units for them too
Old 06-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Mr. Obvious

i just looked back at initial post and he might not know about the tune, but dude it will help ALOT
Old 06-20-2006, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nightrunner
i just looked back at initial post and he might not know about the tune, but dude it will help ALOT
thx m8 4 ur help. u r right

but the problem is HERE we dont have any place or shop where i can do that

thx again 4 ur help
Old 06-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Mr. Obvious

you can order a mail-order tune which will help alot more than the handheld programmers

what are your thoughts on gears?

Quick Reply: Help with My Silverado and Sierra