Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Help! Pacesetter LT clearance issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Pacesetter LT clearance issue

I'm midway through my pacesetter LT install right now and so far its been a breeze. However, after trying to put the new header in on the drivers side, the lower portion of the header right before the collector is hitting the lower control arm mount on the frame. I do have a rare truck, a 99 2500 non HD thats 2wd. I have the 6.0L. I have plenty of room to get the header in, but when I line it up, the flange cant quite meet flush with the head on the top portion. I dont want to cut or modify the part of the frame that supports my suspension, so I guess I'm going to have to modify the headers somehow. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to make them fit. I need my truck and now its out of commission, so I need to resolve this ASAP.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Maybe snap a pic of the problem?
Or you goin in from the top? Or bottom?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

Pics? It hard to tell? Has the truck ever been hit? I would think with a 2wd u should have way less clearence issues than a 4wd. I would love to see pics! How are the quality of the headers? As far as welds, and the coating? Pics again would be cool too!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

I may be able to get some pics but I will have to borow my buddies camera. The truck has never been hit. I tried going in from both the top and the bottom and I am still having the same problem. The quality of the headers seems to be pretty good. I am going to go outside right now and see If I can get some pics. I need to get this resolved b/c this is my daily driver.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Okay here are the pics.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

good ole pacesetter fitment!!!!!! i had to take the bolts out the motor mounts and jack the motor up on mine to get them to go in place!!!!!!! most everyone has beat a dent in the header to make it fit, but i would atleast try to figure out something different. and CLEAN THAT DAMN ENGINE BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

Sorry about the dirt, but this is not a show truck. I drive on a lot of ranch roads and unpaved roads so it gets very dirty very quickly. I think even if I lift the engine up that the headers are still gonna hit once I put it back down. Is there a way to bend the headers without totally destroying them?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by regency
good ole pacesetter fitment!!!!!! i had to take the bolts out the motor mounts and jack the motor up on mine to get them to go in place!!!!!!! most everyone has beat a dent in the header to make it fit, but i would atleast try to figure out something different. and CLEAN THAT DAMN ENGINE BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
sorry to be off topic. but what do yall clean up with? and what all do you cover?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

I just use the engine cleaner at those spray car washes along with soap, water, and rags. Back on topic, I just wish these f*in headers fit like they were supposed to. I think the 99 1500 2wd had the same exact lower control arm mount. How would these headers fit on that truck?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Junkie

I have the pacesetters on my 00" and they fit fine. Tight but fit.
Not sure how hard it was on the instal since i bought the truck with them already on it.

Quick Reply: Help! Pacesetter LT clearance issue