Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Help! Pacesetter LT clearance issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Shorty Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to the Pacesetters. Does anyone know if the Pacesetters will directly fit a 2001 3500HD 6.0L?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VINCE
Back to the Pacesetters. Does anyone know if the Pacesetters will directly fit a 2001 3500HD 6.0L?
"directly" no . . . you will need to have them welded on or have some kind of costom welding done, they're not a "direct bolt on"

*** edit *** . . directly bolt on to the heads, yes . . . . after the collectors see above ^^
Old 11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Shorty Director

Originally Posted by Tootall
"directly" no . . . you will need to have them welded on or have some kind of costom welding done, they're not a "direct bolt on"

*** edit *** . . directly bolt on to the heads, yes . . . . after the collectors see above ^^
I understand I have to get them attached to the rest of the exhaust. I am just worried about the install requiring cutting of the frame, etc. My buddy reports the ORY that Pacesetter sent was not designed for my big truck.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VINCE
I understand I have to get them attached to the rest of the exhaust. I am just worried about the install requiring cutting of the frame, etc. My buddy reports the ORY that Pacesetter sent was not designed for my big truck.
Send the Y pipe back and have the exhaust shop fabricate what you need.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:51 AM
Shorty Director

Originally Posted by chevy6.0fan
Send the Y pipe back and have the exhaust shop fabricate what you need.
That is the plan...
Old 11-13-2007, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Well, my truck is at the exhaust shop right now. I will go pick it up tommorow. I had them weld in some flanges so I don't have to cut the pipe if I ever need to take the headers off. Instead of my magnaflow muffler, I am going to be using a flowmaster. Originally, I had planned to just route the new piping into the same muffler and tailpipe. However, after looking at the truck on the lift I decided that I didn't want to potentially sacrifice performance by trying to squeeze two 3in. pipes down to one 2 3/4 in. exit. So I bought a used flowmaster they had taken off of something else for like 50 bucks. Its the big block series with two in and two out made for 3in. pipe. Its actually a really big muffler, not quite the size of the stock muffler thats as big as a garbage can, but I think it is going to work very well with my application. I have never been able to make up my mind on where I want the exhaust to exit, what tips, style, etc..... So I just had it dumped behind the rear axle. I hope its sounds good and drives better. BTW what do you think I can get for my magnaflow? Its less than a year old and is perfectly fine.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

what magnaflow is it? just curious
Old 11-14-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you were better off with the magnaflow
Old 11-14-2007, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Okay just got my truck back.......It pretty much sounds like a big pile of steaming dogshit. I hate how it sounds. I'm really pissed. Should have just left the magnaflow on there. I still have the magnaflow so I may put that back on or I will just do 2 glasspacks or something. I will probably try putting the magnaflow back on and see how it sounds from there. Should never have put that crapmaster under my truck.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chevy6.0fan
Okay just got my truck back.......It pretty much sounds like a big pile of steaming dogshit. I hate how it sounds. I'm really pissed. Should have just left the magnaflow on there. I still have the magnaflow so I may put that back on or I will just do 2 glasspacks or something. I will probably try putting the magnaflow back on and see how it sounds from there. Should never have put that crapmaster under my truck.
Man I feel your pain! I have redone my exhaust 3 times and next weekend will be the forth, hopefully the final time. Like many I am searching for the right sound.... My current setup resides in the DRONE ZONE. My plan is LTs, no cats, 2.5 into single 3.0, then a 5X14 round 3" magnaflow and then a 5X8X18 oval 3" Magnaflow and ran all the way out the factory location, but hidden.....

Quick Reply: Help! Pacesetter LT clearance issue