Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

HELP PLEASE!! Engine Vibration after rebuild LQ4

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Remember_54
THANKS for reply ...

I`m sure that dots are right.. i think if they are not right the rpms start playing, or maybe i`m wrong..

So what you saying is to move from R2 to 0 position, i will try it, but the guys from engine performance said that it not making different in vibration, actually i`m new on this timing chain, so will try to put it in 0 position.. but if it possible can you explain what all this position is mean?
I miss understood you earlier. Having it in R2 won't cause your issue. Just typically a cam is installed with no advance or retard.

How about the mass air sensor? Try unplugging it and see if it runs better. It may be dirty or have been damaged in the engine swap. A bad vacuum leak could be the case. You can take carburetor cleaner(or equivalent flamable spray) and spray around all intake tubing and blower connections and see if rpms change.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
I miss understood you earlier. Having it in R2 won't cause your issue. Just typically a cam is installed with no advance or retard.

How about the mass air sensor? Try unplugging it and see if it runs better. It may be dirty or have been damaged in the engine swap. A bad vacuum leak could be the case. You can take carburetor cleaner(or equivalent flamable spray) and spray around all intake tubing and blower connections and see if rpms change.

I will check that actually when we had first OBDII test it was some issues with it, but when we start engine again it gone
Old 08-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Remember_54
I will check that actually when we had first OBDII test it was some issues with it, but when we start engine again it gone
guys thank a lot for your help, but all this did not work
any new suggestions?
Old 08-13-2010, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

pull all of your spark plugs and check the condition of them. Also, have you had it tuned? Do you have a way to data log things while the truck is running? Scan gauge, efi live, ect? You need to find out what things are doing.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Did you change injectors? If so, you will need to tune for them. I assume you would change them since you are probably going to max out the MP112's.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
Did you change injectors? If so, you will need to tune for them. I assume you would change them since you are probably going to max out the MP112's.
actually injectors been changed when supercharger been installed, and all this system worked fine, till rebuild..
Old 08-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 03_Denali
pull all of your spark plugs and check the condition of them. Also, have you had it tuned? Do you have a way to data log things while the truck is running? Scan gauge, efi live, ect? You need to find out what things are doing.
we did it they all ok.. it was new spark plug.. so they all looking nice..

today I will try to run full test .. will report here
Old 08-14-2010, 02:20 AM
Staging Lane

After ALL test done we found out that we do not have compression on right Head, driver side compression is good, but other side compression is zero..

So what that mean, is that mean I need to change Engine Cylinder Head Block because it seems to have damaged?

visually they all been ok.. before installation I even installs new valve ans spring plus rockers
Old 08-14-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

My guess is Pistons were installed upside down on the passenger side and bent all the valves. There is no other logical reason to not have compression on the entire side of an engine.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

on another block which had zero compression, by playing with bolts compression changed little, so we decide to take out and make it properly, so now i`m thinking to open another one which has 150PSI, do I really need to do it? how you think.. or 150psi is good enough?

guys how i can know what is a right way to plug coils packs, i mean the a lot of wires and i we not sure which is going in right way, maybe to get some books for this engine, where it will show how factory right it should be plugged, how to make this right ?