Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Help quick.!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help quick.!!!

i installed my knn intake this after noon. everything went good. and now about 3 hrs after the installl. my speedo is stuck at 25mph... is there anyway to reset this or anything?? i need this truck tomorrow and a speedo would be nice.. and a final question. does my speedo problem have anything to do with installing the new intake?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:47 AM
Teching In

my truck did that when it was still under warranty. new cluster. with mine if you turned the key on and off it would drive the speedo needle down a little each time. my buddy's 04 did that about a month later and the GM dealer replaced it even though he was just out of warranty. I guess its common. I don't see how your problem could be related to a air cleaner, the iat has nothing to do w/ the cluster.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Did you disconnect the negative battery terminal prior to the install? This is usually stated in most CAI install instructions.
Disconnect it for about 30min and see if this helps. It may or may not.
Does the rest of your gauges operate properly?

Jim
Old 12-29-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes i did disconnect the battery because the knn instructions told me to. and yes i think the rest of the guages work. i will check them out though. and my guage is stuck even with the key off. so why is it doing that?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

THey are totally unrelated! Mine did that once too. I was driving for about 45 minutes at 100+, that's what I contributed it to. Mine was stuck around 70, a couple minutes flicking the key on the side of the road fixed it for the remainder of the trip. I hit high speeds again and it was fine.

THat was the night my dad had passed away, in case you were wondering the rush.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Flyer
THey are totally unrelated! Mine did that once too. I was driving for about 45 minutes at 100+, that's what I contributed it to. Mine was stuck around 70, a couple minutes flicking the key on the side of the road fixed it for the remainder of the trip. I hit high speeds again and it was fine.

THat was the night my dad had passed away, in case you were wondering the rush.

So after you did the key trick then it was fine forever or did you just have it replaced.. and how much are these gauge kits?
Old 12-30-2006, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Default had the same problem

i had the same problem on my 04. Buddy was driving the truck, and told me the speedo was screwing up, i looked, and it kept getting stuck, going up slow, just screwing up, turning it off would fix the problem for a minute or two, and it would gradually get worse again.

took it to the dealership, the replaced the cluster, no more problem, seems like a common problem from what im reading, if its under warranty, just get them to fix it.

jared
Old 12-30-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by One_Slow4.8
So after you did the key trick then it was fine forever or did you just have it replaced.. and how much are these gauge kits?
I assume your warranty is up? The best fix will be an entire cluster replacement.
If you do, take a look at my picture link in my sig. You will see the cluster pics there. This is an entirely different cluster than my original cluster. I ordered it with the tranny temp gauge.
The website is www.usspeedo.com
It would be a way better alternative than purchasing one through the dealer. You will also have a way better looking speedo!
Good luck!

Jim
Old 12-30-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Kinda off topic, but does anyone else have the crazy fuel gauge that goes all pyscho when you put it in neutral from drive? This freaked me out the day I got it, but not so much now...