Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Hooker long tubes

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker long tubes

I was in the market to buy some long tube headers and was considering the hooker long tubes. I was just wondering if anyone had them or has any input about them. Thanks in advance
Old 04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea im running them... I think the Pacesetters are alittle better built and priced fair. Im not impressed with my whole Hooker exp. Where are you getting them through and price?

I asked because I orderd mine through a catolog. They were listed as Long Tubes "With ORY" $399! I should have confirmed this as it was too good to be true. I was only sent the Longtubes of course. When I called to see where my ORY was, They told me it was a cataog error and I was lucky they sent the LT's for that price and wanted another $500 for the ORY!!! Then after I pointed the add out where it clearly said "Includes Off Road Y-Pipe" They tried to tell me its a prototype and not for sale. I responded "WTF were you trying sell me for $500 2 seconds ago them!" They finaly sent me one about a month later. What they sent me looked like a defect, The shape was inccorect and the weld was so bad on the flang it leaked.

Long story short... They lied to me, The quality is fair/poor and there cusomer service sucks! Hooker is not the same as it used to be, But just like anything Holley get there hands on, It turns to ****... JMO
Old 04-09-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id stay away from them. Had a few sets at work actually missing the EGR fitting even though the hole was in the primary. That and there were NO O2 sensor holes cut even though the bungs was there.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Teching In

yeah i was looking to get mine from a catalog. The ceramic coated for 650 but it says it come with the ORY. I was kinda leary (sp?) about the pacesetters bc of kinda mixed reviews...but i guess that comes with any product
Old 04-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Teching In

1slowsilverado are u still running cats? if so did u go stock or with a different set of hi-flows?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Launching!

There is only one type of hooker that you should use
Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Restricted User

They suck to install, y-pipe is hard to get to fit properly. I just installed a set on a customers car last weekend.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04rado
yeah i was looking to get mine from a catalog. The ceramic coated for 650 but it says it come with the ORY. I was kinda leary (sp?) about the pacesetters bc of kinda mixed reviews...but i guess that comes with any product

Holley ****! I still cant beleive there pulling this crap! Its a gamble dude, Order them and bitch when you dont get the ORY... It worked for me, But I make no garanties. Took me a month to get my ORY from them. They tried to blow me off, But I wore them down calling everyday untill I got what I ordered!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04rado
1slowsilverado are u still running cats? if so did u go stock or with a different set of hi-flows?
No cats
Old 04-11-2007, 07:02 AM
TECH Veteran

I put them on in about a hour, hour and a half. 02 bungs had no holes in them. Had them welded in the exhaust. No big deal. Fit is good. Clears frame/steering shaft. Just like every other header story... If you have the money, go with the more expensive brands.

Quick Reply: Hooker long tubes