Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

How about this catback?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 01:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about this catback?

I broke down and bought a catback that I think no one around here has.It is a Summit brand catback.3" single/side exit.I know it is not a Magnaflow but for the price I wanted to try it.After my taxes come back I am going to put a 3" electric cutout on so it should make up for the less flow.

When I get it here I think I might have my wife take pictures while I put it on and show you guys a running progress on the 06.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

30 views and not one person on here wants to talk smack to me for buying the Summit exhaust.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

i say if it helps you gain some hp over the factory exhaust then for the money, it was worth it.

btw what size muffler? what kind of material is it made from? how much did it cost you?
Old 02-12-2006, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

3" mandrel bent system.It comes with the Summit Turbo muffler,not sure what is is made of.Only paid 149.99 for it.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ASkipper
30 views and not one person on here wants to talk smack to me for buying the Summit exhaust.
Ok then. What is to be gained by going to a full cat back system from just a hi performance muffler with the stock tail pipe? Since it seems you bought this system because of its cost, why not just buy your favorite performance muffler and weld it in place of the stock muffler. I am not meaning to be an ***, I have actually been thinking about this for a while. Especially when I saw how much Magnaflow catbacks cost compared to just a muffler.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by COLDZ71
Ok then. What is to be gained by going to a full cat back system from just a hi performance muffler with the stock tail pipe? Since it seems you bought this system because of its cost, why not just buy your favorite performance muffler and weld it in place of the stock muffler. I am not meaning to be an ***, I have actually been thinking about this for a while. Especially when I saw how much Magnaflow catbacks cost compared to just a muffler.
The stock exhaust system is 2 1/2 inches.The summit catback is 3".I would think that it would flow alot better than stock,I just don't know.This system also gives me the chance to change mufflers also if I decide I want to.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, I see. Does the kit come in three pieces and you bolt it all together or is it all welded together? Do you have it installed yet?
Old 02-14-2006, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

It coames in pieces and I can clamp or weld it together.It just arrived today,going to install this weekend.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

I've heard that Summit and Jegs have the same companies make things for them and they just put their name on them. So in fact, you may actually be getting a Magnaflow or equal exhaust for $250 cheaper.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by COLDZ71

You think Magnaflows alot, look at Borla, B&B , and Corsa.

Quick Reply: How about this catback?