Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

How do I tune my whipple charged truck? I have HPtuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryan, I have no idea what I'm doing with the primary VE table. LOL. i read something about it on Hptuners forum. Today I noticed that when I come to a complete stop, hold down the brake, rev to 2000rpm, then let off the brake and floor it, my fuel pressure drops to 50. WTF? any thoughts on why it is doing that? Should I hook the whipple boost a pump back up to see if that helps?
Old 01-01-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Woa! Ya hook that boost a pump back up. 50psi is really low. You do have above a quarter tank of gas in the tank right? You will want to solve this issue before you tune.

Also, the alcohol should make you run a little richer when it is activated. It is activated at a certain boost psi correct? When you tune for your high boost settings it should still be easy to do the PE if you know when your alky turns on. I am guessing it will go a little rich from that activation point on up to redline. So, you can just bring the PE numbers down a tad to account for that. Just make sure you always have the tank filled when you run the high boost tune
Old 01-01-2005, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Here are some instructions on how to take a screenshot if you are using a Windows computer:

1. Hit the Print Screen key. You will probably find the Print Screen key just above the numeric pad or control keys. This will cause the image of your screen to be copied to the system "clipboard" just like when you highlight and copy a chunk of text.

2. Open the Paint program. Paint is a free image editing program that is part of the Windows operating system. You can open Paint by clicking on Start - Programs - Accessories - Paint. If you want to use a different image editing program, such as Adobe Photoshop, that is fine. Any image editing program will do.

3. Paste the image into Paint. You can paste the image from the clipboard by hitting Control-V, or by using the Edit - Paste menu inside Paint.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:10 AM
TECH Addict

This is the Transmission torque coverter lockup calibration I tuned. I have the stock converter, stalls around 1600rpm.

This is what my PE curve looks like for a 10.8:1 tune on 12psi. I shift at 5400rpm and the increase in fuel after that point is safety for over rev. **I have 42lb/hr Delphi injectors at an IFR of 4.98 (this is different from yours)

This is my HOT spark table for 12psi. This is with 91 octane, ~9.0:1 compression, my old '02LS6 cam and it was not tuned to max.

I hope that may help you out some
Old 01-02-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryan, I tried your tcc table. NO way. I can't drive around like that. I'm sure i'd save gas, but, i don't like the tcc locking up that much.

If I were to try to tune my ltrims, how would i do that?

also, i'm still trying to figure out how to hook up the whipple boost a pump.