Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

How to make a H2 fast?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 05:14 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one good thing about the 4l80 is you can shift into 4th at full throttle if you want to. just something to keep in mind
Old 02-09-2004, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Polka,

I don’t understand why you would through all this cash into an H2?

I currently own a Silverado SS with a Radix with some other goodies; I'm already putting in my second Trans in! Oh yeah, start looking for a trans that will survive over 600hp and be reliable for a daily driver. If you find one let me know...

Second, why not just take that $40K and buy a Z06?

If you want to get into the 11's you'll have a better chance with a Z06 then an Army Truck H2.....
Old 02-09-2004, 06:03 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GEAR M UP
Polka,

I don’t understand why you would through all this cash into an H2?

I currently own a Silverado SS with a Radix with some other goodies; I'm already putting in my second Trans in! Oh yeah, start looking for a trans that will survive over 600hp and be reliable for a daily driver. If you find one let me know...

Second, why not just take that $40K and buy a Z06?

If you want to get into the 11's you'll have a better chance with a Z06 then an Army Truck H2.....
somebody get a rope
Old 02-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Teching In

gear m up-I want to do it because nobody else really has. That is the most fun. I can't wait to see the faces of the other trucks that want to run me on the street, and of course the mustang owners that just got beat by a H2!
Old 02-09-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Polka
and of course the mustang owners that just got beat by a H2!
just that alone is enough reason to do it
Old 02-09-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by parish8
somebody get a rope
Old 02-10-2004, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Polka
gear m up-I want to do it because nobody else really has. That is the most fun. I can't wait to see the faces of the other trucks that want to run me on the street, and of course the mustang owners that just got beat by a H2!

Polka, I can understand doing it because no-one else has it. Especialy here in the Chicago area, there are tons of solid guys that build big motors!

I was not tring to be as dawn out as it looked parish8

I'm just having trans problems with my truck currently, I cant imagine the issues an H2 would have....
Old 03-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Teching In

What's up with the truck polka? This is mine: http://www.carpassion.com/en/forum/v...?p=17555#17555 That's the Lightnting video. I only run mid 14's now, with a new Gobi Rack and Ladder! Damn thing won't get off the line very well. All four tires spin and the rig jups dead left. I would love to just run high 13's.
I went with LPE, btw. They have stood by their product the entire time. I am currently considering 4.56s. Stock is 4.10 and I still have the stock size tires on it, 35"s.
As mentioned, the trans is going to be a major weak link for the hp you want. I know who you are talking about in FL, but would be wary. Nothing specific, just heard some things.
Good luck, I can't wait to hear about it.
BTW, I know that guy should have beat me. He just can't drive.....

Oh yeah, Mustangs hate H2's on their bumpers! Especially when they stay there...
Old 03-23-2004, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Wink

I was going to reply go 572 crate motor, but I see you've already thought of that. I read a magazine review somewhere where the street version actually made over 700 fwhp, and GM claims they're way underrated. Drop in the race version, you'd be more or less at your 1k hp mark, or always lower compression some, and boost one. There's no replacement for displacement, and I think doing it this way would be much much simpler than worrying w/turbos, fuel injection, on and on, completely modding out a ls1 style engine and hoping for the best. Just go huge bigblock and don't look back. It'll make the hp a lot easier due to the larger displacement, and since the 572's are built for gobs of hp anyway you probably wouldn't have too many reliablility concerns. The turbo setups are very feasible as well, especially given your budget, but I just thought I'd let you in on what I'd do. Plus, with the cubes the 572 is packing you will have PLENTY of torque to turn those heavy tires and get that whale off the line, if you can get it to hook anyway. Don't know what kind of transfer case issues you would run into, but if you wanted to go 2wheel drive, (since this is going to be a drag race show off vehicle) you could always throw in a Lenko(sp) and grab some gears.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

One other point is that the h2 has a different transfer case than the other trucks that I think might cause problems. good luck if you can achieve 800+ at the wheels you should have a shot.

Quick Reply: How to make a H2 fast?