Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

How much faster am I then an SS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2bseen
try bigtex he has a ss and might run you.
That is kind of stupid. What the hell will that prove? Running a stock Texas truck against a modded 12 second SS will not provide any valid data on how the two trucks that this thread is about will performe against eachother.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:31 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by SuperSporttruck
I was paaing by a dealership in california and saw that looked like one of those texas, did they also make them for california ???
I have heard rumor of a "Silverado High Output Edition" that is packaged similar to the "Texas Edition", just without the stickers and such. That may be what you saw or similar. There is a ECSB Silverado (Victory Red) at a dealership near my house that is not Texas edition and has the 6.0 and a nice wheel package. I'm hoping it is this HO edition or the equivalent. I got a call into the dealership and they are trying to run down exactly what this truck is for me (tranny, gear, suspension, etc...).
Old 07-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Launching!

[QUOTE=pewter01SS]
Originally Posted by BigTex
But he might not like the outcome.QUOTE]
Very true

Just so you know I am not like one of the many pussies out there that only races people who they know they can beat. If I see somebody on the street who wants to play then I am game. It seems most people get pissed when they loose, deny they lost, only post about their wins, and tape over the vids of their losses. Most people are like this and that is why you assume that I will not like the outcome. Don't worry about hurting my feelings because you want.

Peace out
Old 07-20-2004, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think stock vs stock traction wont be an issue and the Texas should be able to pull a length or two. I have a 04 5.3 rcsb, I put a set of 20s on it and lowered it..and before I modded I beat two SSs by about 4-5 lengths. The weight really makes a difference here. Im sure the 400lb diff between the SS and Texas should also make that difference if neither are spinning which I doubt they will. Now go try it
Old 07-20-2004, 05:07 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Round Rock - I didn't mean to sound cocky. My name was mentioned earlier, so I was responding to the post. I'm the same way, I'll race anyone, but it sure feels better if I win. When I lose, I end up spending more money...
Old 07-20-2004, 05:13 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Originally Posted by Todd@DiscountTireDirect
I think stock vs stock traction wont be an issue and the Texas should be able to pull a length or two. I have a 04 5.3 rcsb, I put a set of 20s on it and lowered it..and before I modded I beat two SSs by about 4-5 lengths. The weight really makes a difference here. Im sure the 400lb diff between the SS and Texas should also make that difference if neither are spinning which I doubt they will. Now go try it
Along those lines, with the 4.10 gears, the SS would in effect put down 10% more torque to the pavement. Lets say its another 35 ft pounds delivered, which is getting close to offsetting the weight difference.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigTex
Round Rock - I didn't mean to sound cocky. My name was mentioned earlier, so I was responding to the post. I'm the same way, I'll race anyone, but it sure feels better if I win. When I lose, I end up spending more money...
Oh I know. You have a fine truck and you should be proud. I did not see any cockiness at all.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:56 PM
jdg
14 Second Truck Club

I just bought one 2 weeks ago and took it to the track already. I ran it one time, just went from idle to "flooring it" and it ran a 15.5 @ 88.26 mph. I'm figuring this should be its slowest time it had 600 miles on it. Here's a picture of my truck:
http://mct.truckmoxie.com/gallery/jdg/135585.jpg
Old 07-30-2004, 10:59 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

jdg - welcome to the site. You'll find that the LQ9 will start to break in more after 1000 miles and really wake up with a couple thousand miles. Also, cooler weather will help out the times. Nice truck.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

welcome to the sight. sweet looking truck and sharp hood.

Quick Reply: How much faster am I then an SS?