Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

How much more for 12s?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 05:20 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nitrous rocks. follow the rules and you will be fine and it really does last a long time if you only use it while racing.

stall slicks and a 100shot should be 12's your probably in the 15's right now
Old 08-21-2004, 07:07 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by derek_silvy
So.... what was the verdict?
current mods + 100 shot + Limited Slip + Drag Radials = 12s? I'ld hope for mid 12s with that, but hey... I'm no expert
If I read this right, you are running peg-leg (no posi or limited slip)? If that is true, you need to get that taken care of first or you won't have traction with or without nitrous (from my experience).

I just got some Nitto NT555R's and traction is night and day. I'm spraying 150 shot (stock internals) and just the tires (traction) alone got me 6/10ths off (from 14.1 stock tires to 13.5 Nitto's). Next for me is a converter and cold weather and I'll be in the 12's.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Parish you've got a bad *** truck and a lot of knowledge so I put a lot of stock in what you say, but 15s with what I have now.... and when I say "now" I mean in a week and a half when I'll have my new pcm in.

So with cam, intake, headers, no cats, high flowing muffler, vette servo, and a hot tune you think I'ld be a 15 sec truck?
I'ld really hope that had me around the 14 sec mark.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:56 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Maybe high 14's, if you have traction.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what are you running with that setup magic chicken?

Thanks,
Derek
Old 08-21-2004, 09:33 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Parish you've got a bad *** truck and a lot of knowledge so I put a lot of stock in what you say, but 15s with what I have now.... and when I say "now" I mean in a week and a half when I'll have my new pcm in.

So with cam, intake, headers, no cats, high flowing muffler, vette servo, and a hot tune you think I'ld be a 15 sec truck?
I'ld really hope that had me around the 14 sec mark.
i really dont know but it wouldn't suprize me at all if you ran a 15. the 99's were a little low on power to start with. the shorty headers dont do much. dont really know about the cam but with a stock stall it is posiable that it didn't help at all. i could be wrong and hope that i am. goto the track and let us know how you are doing. just guessing but your truck was probably a high 15 to start with and knocking off 1 sec with your current mods is probably prety close.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by parish8
i really dont know but it wouldn't suprize me at all if you ran a 15. the 99's were a little low on power to start with. the shorty headers dont do much. dont really know about the cam but with a stock stall it is posiable that it didn't help at all. i could be wrong and hope that i am. goto the track and let us know how you are doing. just guessing but your truck was probably a high 15 to start with and knocking off 1 sec with your current mods is probably prety close.
I agree..

Its really depressing when you think your a high 14 sec truck, and then you run a 16. I figure it this way, whatever your goal is.. add about 1 second.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

what are you running with that setup magic chicken?

Thanks,
Derek
Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
I'm spraying 150 shot (stock internals) and just the tires (traction) alone got me 6/10ths off (from 14.1 stock tires to 13.5 Nitto's).
13.56@102
Old 08-21-2004, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am reading alot of horrible remarks about nitrous in this thread. I had a blower and took it off. To each his own I say. I have also seen alot of blower cars dyno or run at the track. Get that blower hot and watch the numbers and times go down.

The people who hate nitrous usually have never owed a kit or have just lost a race. "Turn that bottle off and lets race again?" Think about it, is that really going to undo that ***-kickin you just got.

Take that blower belt off, unhook that turbo, turn off the bottle, take off the slicks, my car is setup for the track, FI or nitrous is for people who can't build motors, I only run from a roll, I only have 4 cylinders, Sounds like a loser to me.

Any idiot can bolt a blower, bottle, turbo, headers, stall, camshaft, or get someone else to tune their car. In the end, the winner is the guy in front of you turning the bottle off.

Thanks for the chance to rant.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:08 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by StupidFast
I am reading alot of horrible remarks about nitrous in this thread. I had a blower and took it off. To each his own I say. I have also seen alot of blower cars dyno or run at the track. Get that blower hot and watch the numbers and times go down.

The people who hate nitrous usually have never owed a kit or have just lost a race. "Turn that bottle off and lets race again?" Think about it, is that really going to undo that ***-kickin you just got.

Take that blower belt off, unhook that turbo, turn off the bottle, take off the slicks, my car is setup for the track, FI or nitrous is for people who can't build motors, I only run from a roll, I only have 4 cylinders, Sounds like a loser to me.

Any idiot can bolt a blower, bottle, turbo, headers, stall, camshaft, or get someone else to tune their car. In the end, the winner is the guy in front of you turning the bottle off.

Thanks for the chance to rant.
That is the best thing I've heard in a long time.

Go give your opinion on this thread..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204875

Quick Reply: How much more for 12s?