Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

How much T.Q. management should be removed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What part of TM are you guys talking about leaving in and taking out, or reducing to 80%?

I'm new at this, but there are a few VERY powerfull parameters, and some weaker ones in TM.

I think I have most, if not all of my engine stuff killed. Weak stuff, like max engine torque.

Tranny side - I have abuse mode turned off, but that's it. There's powerfull stuff there, like timing on the shifts.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

i believe that they are taking out 80% of the tranny tqm. i would leave the shift times alone. there are a few people that will vouch for that one. you will have to ask flyer or one of the others with edit to tell you which table exactly.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Where and what tables are you goign for the engine torque management, and the trans torque management? PM if one of you guys gets the chance
Old 09-20-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Like I said above. Take a truck with normal TM issues (not the extreme examples where the truck totally nose dives) and then change the tune with only a 100% TM removal and I doubt you see more than 1 10th at best in the 1/4mile.
Has anyone ever gone to the track and done this? Run once with full tq managment, then a run with no tq managment, and that being the only difference? I would really like to know how much difference it really makes.

Aaron
Old 09-20-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

I have almost all TM removed.

I leave the TM that pulls timing on the shifts completely stock for "Normal" mode, but I have "Performance" (aka "Tow/Haul" mode) reconfigured for about 25% TM, and higher shifts.

All abuse modes are turned off... that's where I noticed the biggest difference.

When I get time, I want to make sense of the stock TM settings. It seems to pull more timing than necessary when the engine torque output gets up there. I want to set the Normal mode to "cap off" and level out at a certain amount of engine output.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have 80% TM removed now and will be have 100% Tm removed with the shift kit install because The transgo suggested it, I also have a B&M 24,000 GVW cooler and vet servo. I am barking out 2nd gear scratches now but I will also be lowering line presure back to stock after the transgo install. Im not saying that removing TM makes you faster but I run 15.01's all day long now as before the tune my best was a 15.92 and Im sure TM had a little to do with it.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I only have 50% taking out with the tansgo, KDS billet servos and 2 washers.

I can sometimes feel it under part throttle shifting, after a shift it maintains a slow RPMS rate for a second, then it revs a little faster.

But when I hit the nitrous.. i cant feel any tq mgt,
Old 09-21-2004, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

So this is basically what im feeling when my truck does a 1-2 shift and it feels like its sliding into the shift? Its like it doesn't pull as hard at the top of first, as it does right after it shifts into second. I have nice firm part throttle shifts...sometimes i even bark 2nd at part throttle in a turn when the engines cold, but WOT feels mushy as hell. I still have all TM, i dont think Predator takes any out. All i've done is raise line pressure and lower shift time. Think im running 5% across the board on my Predator. No shift kit or servo yet.....but its on the way.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1S10
So this is basically what im feeling when my truck does a 1-2 shift and it feels like its sliding into the shift? Its like it doesn't pull as hard at the top of first, as it does right after it shifts into second. I have nice firm part throttle shifts...sometimes i even bark 2nd at part throttle in a turn when the engines cold, but WOT feels mushy as hell. I still have all TM, i dont think Predator takes any out. All i've done is raise line pressure and lower shift time. Think im running 5% across the board on my Predator. No shift kit or servo yet.....but its on the way.

when my tranny was totally stock, thats exactly how it felt. part throttle, it was quick, nice, and decently firm.. while at WOT it was a slow shift.

and when it was cold, it felt quick at part throttle..

same thing here.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default You Can Set The Predator Shift Pressure Higher

I ran a Predator a year or so and you can set the line pressure pretty high on it's scale and it is not really that much so you won't hurt it. I had mine up there and it shifted firm as I liked it with no sliding any time. I was accually nice to work with in that area. I run a Nelson 93 tune now and the power of the truck is much better.

Quick Reply: How much T.Q. management should be removed?