Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

How much T.Q. management should be removed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 04:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I"m not sure how much tq mgmnt MTI removed, but I heard one of the sales guys saying that they completely remove it. If that is the case, I have mine completely removed with no servos and my tranny is not built. It doesnt fall on its face at all when shifting into 2nd gear, like you guys said it just keeps going. It doesnt shift neck-breaking hard, but it shifts crisp and keeps the powerband up.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:24 AM
13 Second Truck Club

If you up the pressure in the tranny can that kill the stock (plastic) accumulator pistons? I remember hearing that somewhere.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know that usually when you get a custom tune they will up the line pressure for frimer/quicker shift but if you get a shift kit you need to bring the line pressure back to stock. So unless you have a shift kit then you want your lie pressure up. Jag Performance makes a kit which is the Transgo,vette servo, and a few other parts that are recommended replacing while your in the bottom of the tranny. I know that with this kit Im talking about the plastic accum is replaced with a metal one(i dont rememver exactly what the material is but its not that shitty plastic that GM uses! Its a good kit though!

Oh yeah this thread woke from the dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
I know that with this kit Im talking about the plastic accum is replaced with a metal one(i dont rememver exactly what the material is but its not that shitty plastic that GM uses! Its a good kit though!

They are aluminum.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh yeah this thread woke from the dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what I was thinking!
Old 09-21-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I use the search feature I still am wondering if anyone has done any runs with tq managment being the only thing changed. If not, we need to get someone with edit to go to the track and try it out.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
I"m not sure how much tq mgmnt MTI removed, but I heard one of the sales guys saying that they completely remove it. If that is the case, I have mine completely removed with no servos and my tranny is not built. It doesnt fall on its face at all when shifting into 2nd gear, like you guys said it just keeps going. It doesnt shift neck-breaking hard, but it shifts crisp and keeps the powerband up.
Yeah I have the same thing and would like to see some input on this.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:09 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I'm going to MTI tomorrow for my tune. I'll ask them how much they typically remove. I believe it is 100% from the tranny & motor, but I will make sure. I also hope to get dyno charts from before and after on this beast. I will post info when I get back.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I'm going to MTI tomorrow for my tune. I'll ask them how much they typically remove. I believe it is 100% from the tranny & motor, but I will make sure. I also hope to get dyno charts from before and after on this beast. I will post info when I get back.
Yeah David was supposed to post mine for me. You'll the way it drives. David and Jayson are great guys they hooked me up tell them Wilson gained a half second after the tune the did for me.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:10 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by nativetexan
Just got back. They said they basically remove all torque management. I'll post results from my dyno tune in a separate thread.

Quick Reply: How much T.Q. management should be removed?