Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

HPP 93 tuning and GMS maf caused an SES light !?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HPP 93 tuning and GMS maf caused an SES light !?

Just wondering when you were trying to sell your truck did you set it back to the ''stock'' settings, or did you leave some of the programing in, or leave it all in? I remember reading a thread on here where someone got LS1edit, and found out that his truck had the speed-limit shut off already. If I were you i'd take the fuses out turn the ignition on 3 times and then put the fuses back in. It could only be certain fuses you'd have to take out, but I cant remember? Ive heard that this can take some codes that are stored in your computer off of it. Basically I wonder if you reprogramed a programed computer? Or if thats possible? Also I think some long tube headers help out a lean motor, I dont have any evidence , but just what ive heard. Hope it gits fixed for ya.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:23 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just wondering when you were trying to sell your truck did you set it back to the ''stock'' settings, or did you leave some of the programing in, or leave it all in? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did put my computer back to stock and sold the HPP, ran it that way for a month or two. I first bought another HPP, I've had it for about two months now. I first put in the 93 tuning with no problems, ran it for about 2 weeks. Then put in the 87 tuning and felt that the truck actually ran better so I left it that way. I got the GMS maf about three weeks ago and used it with out any problems with the 87 tuning. One day after I put in the 93 tuning, I get an SES light. I just took out the HPP tuning and am using only the raised shift points and the firm shift setting now. I'll run a tank of gas throught it and see how it runs. Just before I need to fill up again, I'm going to put the 87 tuning in and check the performance difference between no tuning and 87 tuning. I'll keep you all posted.
Jim
Old 12-23-2002, 12:50 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Try burning out your tank of gas, and get either 93 or if you can sunnoco 94 + octane boost. if you run the MAF and the HPP3 with the higher octane, you should be ok. That also would tell you that thats you problem. Try using your stock MAF + the HPP3. You shouldnt set alean coode then, and youll still make about the same power. I ran a Grann MAF with my s/c, and a saw a major loss in top end until i switched back to the stock MAF.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did run the 93 tuning when I first got the second HPP unit, no problems. That was with the stock maf though, I went to the 87 tuning just to check it against the 93 tuning. The truck actually seems to run better and stronger with the 87 tuning. The GMS maf did make a difference when I installed it, lowered my 0-60 time by .14 seconds on average over the stock maf. In California, I can only get 91 oct gas, it's 20 cents more a gallon. Then, if I have to also run some octane boost with it, all that's not worth the whole .1 seconds I may gain in performance. I will try it with out the HPP tuning and with the GMS maf just to see how it runs. I'll keep you posted.
Jim