Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Huge Magnaflow installed, definately wife approved!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ap2002
Man i can almost swear the ones i had was straight through?
I have the same length one and looks identical. But it's straight through...
Old 08-24-2010, 05:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by built408
I have the same length one and looks identical. But it's straight through...
Good to know i wasnt loosing my mind!!! Iknow i have ordered like 5 of these and i can swear they were all straight through design....
Old 08-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

well i guess i got the weird one out of the bunch... I dunno...
Old 08-24-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skolman91
"wife approved"
blackgmc=
That's why I got a Magnaflow, too...

Mine's a 12589. Perfect for me.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

ya mine before was not loud on the inside due to all the sound deadening and raamat, but my wife kept complaining about me bothering the neighbors.... Which i found funny since alot of my neighbors have diesels... but whatever, it keeps her happy.... I am sure some volume will come back once the 4.56s go in
Old 08-24-2010, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
probably the exact same... I did not notice any difference...
I added a quieter muffler into my setup as well. I'm 100% convinced mine actually runs better than it ever did. (stock, mild bolt-on combo)

LOUDER doesn't necessarily = faster/quicker

My baby-cammed 2000 Camaro SS ran it's best ETs/MPHs through an SLP dual/dual catback, which is probably the quietest catback ever made for an F body. Actually ran identical to an open cutout...

Personally, I am a fan of quiet while cruising, louder while WOT exhaust.

Ironically, my wife misses the louder exhaust because she can't hear me pull into the driveway now. I guess the pool boy won't be trying to sneak into my house anymore...lol.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
I am ready to go to a oem duramax/6.2 muffler because my Corsa sport is too damn raspy....and I run cats...Total, are you running 2 mufflers now? and cats? If it is wife approved I am def interested..lol
i would recommend you check out the magnaflow 22 inch long like corey's except with a 3.5 inlet/outlet. yes they make one, it has center and offset lets which should fit perfect in an oem 3.5 exhaust system. will outflow that duramax/6.2 muff and still be rather quiet....

on my 08 silvy with a nelson tuned 5.3, airaid intake tube and magnaflow 22, 3 center in, 3 offset out, my truck sounds hardly louder than stock but the performance is noticeable and at wot throttle, it sounds very nice yet mellow....just thought i try to help....good luck, rob.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rel3rd
Ironically, my wife misses the louder exhaust because she can't hear me pull into the driveway now. I guess the pool boy won't be trying to sneak into my house anymore...lol.
Hope he doesnt wait too long to sneak back out

Hmmm I was thinking about putting my stocker back on with the long tubes, for some reason it seems like mine has been just recently started getting louder all the time. I just had a birthday though so maybe thats why.

I think I have the 18" body on mine. And it used to be loud WOT, but not noticeably louder than stock while cruising. Now it seems to be louder all the time.

I also used to run two mufflers in series, a bullet and a small case magnaflow. The bullet killed the resonance, and drone, but wasnt that much quieter. I thought about putting a bullet in series, but am really leaning to putting the stocker back on. Should be ok with the LT's ORY
Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had that muffler but in center/offset. You could see straight through it. It was pretty quiet. Now i have a corsa touring with a bullet in front of it and love it. Its quiet as stock at idle and cruise. Still has a good note on accel and wot.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

^ waiting on the videos shelton, ordered my bullet to put in front of corsa per your recommendation. so hopefully when i get it in, all goes well.

Quick Reply: Huge Magnaflow installed, definately wife approved!