Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

i bet no one else in here has one of these(yet)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
it can be if that is how you want to set it up. i dont see needing it that way. what i do see is using it as a staged set up so i can pick how much i want to win a race by. set it at 6psi and if the other guy is catching me click it to 9psi, if he is still hanging then click it to 12psi, still there? hit the 100shot

but yeah it would work great for traction limited set ups, it would just ramp it up with the mph.

What?! The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:22 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by onyx_silverado
i'm guessing you cant use this for SC's..... (someone was bound to ask)
Nope.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:24 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Parish, I want more info on how this thing works. Do you run a boost line to it? Does it have a remote restrictor that you cut into the wastegate boost reference?
Old 01-08-2004, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

Parish, you might want to wire a button closer to your steering wheel, cause trying to mash that button while you're pulling hard G's and trying to keep it straight could be tricky.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jdpanero
Parish, you might want to wire a button closer to your steering wheel, cause trying to mash that button while you're pulling hard G's and trying to keep it straight could be tricky.
Yup ... I could see an accidental 20psi and a blown motor happening if it were me.

That's a pretty slick little setup there parish. When's the turbo kit coming?
Old 01-08-2004, 04:33 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Blown 02
Parish, I want more info on how this thing works. Do you run a boost line to it? Does it have a remote restrictor that you cut into the wastegate boost reference?
i am not completely sure how it works but it doesn intercept the line to the wastegate, there are 3 parts, the dash remote, an under dash controler and an under hood "duel soloniod" thing. one of the main features of a boost controler like this is it can get the max boost faster, supose to be alot faster.

this controler has WAY more features than i will ever consider using, i will probably just use the dial a boost feature but i asked a few people and this one was highly recomended.

with the programable chanels it wont push the boost any higher than i have it programed for. the know also has a nice click when you turn it so i think i can do it on the go but if it is a hastle i will just turn it to the limit of whatever fuel i have at the time and leave it there. then just worry about the nitrous button(tow haul ) when i need it.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

then just worry about the nitrous button(tow haul ) when i need it.
The tow/haul a$$ button. That is a great use for that button.

I can't wait until your turbo kit arrives.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

then just worry about the nitrous button(tow haul ) when i need it.
I always thought this would be super clever, but I don't run nitrous so I wouldn't have a use for it ... yet.

Maybe a line lock button or something.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:05 PM
12 Second Truck Club

i am not completely sure how it works but it doesn intercept the line to the wastegate, there are 3 parts, the dash remote, an under dash controler and an under hood "duel soloniod" thing. one of the main features of a boost controler like this is it can get the max boost faster, supose to be alot faster.

this controler has WAY more features than i will ever consider using, i will probably just use the dial a boost feature but i asked a few people and this one was highly recomended.

with the programable chanels it wont push the boost any higher than i have it programed for. the know also has a nice click when you turn it so i think i can do it on the go but if it is a hastle i will just turn it to the limit of whatever fuel i have at the time and leave it there. then just worry about the nitrous button(tow haul ) when i need it.
That tow/haul button thing would be sweet!

I know its a momentary contact button, so how do you get it to activate without holding it down? I know the tow/haul light stays on when you push it once, so what wires do you intercept?

More info please! This is what I want to do when I get my wet kit.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Blown 02
That tow/haul button thing would be sweet!

I know its a momentary contact button, so how do you get it to activate without holding it down? I know the tow/haul light stays on when you push it once, so what wires do you intercept?

More info please! This is what I want to do when I get my wet kit.
With the momentary switch doesn't it just switch from one mode to the other with each push? Push on and it stays on then push off and it stays off? There are two wires that come down the shifter handle from that button. I'm assuming that they are both grounds and the switch just changes which one is grounded with each push but, I've never looked at a wiring diagram for it. I'll get the manual out and see if I can find out but, I'm not very good with wires.

Quick Reply: i bet no one else in here has one of these(yet)