Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

I need to hear about hemi kills

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 09:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default I need to hear about hemi kills

Come on TeXaS boys go stomp some *** and report back.I know this thread will get moved, but down with the Hemi hype,(it's all hype)I was at the ford garage the yesterday buying some trades and went into there shop to see a buddie, i noticed there shop was full and 1/2 of them
had engines out,trannys out heavy line work right and left.These all were dang near new vehicals.Dont ever remember ever seeing that much major work going on in a GM garage.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need to hear about hemi kills

Man I got up at a dead stop with a RCSB Hemi and the dude didn't wanna go. This was about two days ago on Sublett and Collins (down way, way south Arlington close to TCC).

I was thinking "why buy something like that and not attempt to use it to its potential".

What a wuss...maybe he didn't wanna get into it with an ECSB Z71! lol. Hell my truck ain't fast but I was ready to give him a run. Hell my transmission shifts about 4x faster than his does and that may just help me out for a few 1/10ths! I did beat down a new RCSB Dodge in my old Z71 that had a 4.7 or a 5.9...either was I laid the smack down on that one.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, got my neighbor to finally take his 1500 2003 hemi regular cab, short bed to the track with me. His best run was a 16.4 here in vegas. I got about $2400 in my motor, and run 15.6 to 15.8 average runs. My truck did 16.8 average when stock, so for stock to stock, the Hemi is pretty fast out of the box. The thing is that the Hemi rides like a rock, even worse than my lowered suspension truck, and the handling is sloppy and heavy, again compared to my truck stock, and after the suspension. He has a 4" and 6" drop on his, mine is 2", 4", and his truck is still about 6 inches taller than mine! The Dodge is too damn heavy, and the suspension looks like it belongs on a tank. Now don't get me wrong, the Dodge is a pretty damn good work horse, but comparison to performance with a lighter smaller truck like ours is not fair. Chevy and GMC's have always had really great road manners. He probably has more power than me still, but his truck is in the 5200lb range, compared to the 4200lb range of our trucks. I still think the GM truck is the best truck for the bang!

I jumped him off the line, and pulled steadily to about a 8 truck length lead by the end of the track. Everyone talks about the hemi sound, from the exhaust, but you cannot even hear his next to mine, and I got a pretty tame exhaust note on mine.

Also a lot of guys I think just flat out lie at the track. there is a 5.9 Dakota that I saw that was all supped up with slicks, and the guy said that he runs low 14's off the juice, and with the big bottle in the back, he says mid 13's. So I finally got paired up with this joker, and I run a 15.69, and he runs a 15.72, and he says his wheels were slippin. I ran him again, and he said, that he just ran out of nitrous, and I run a 15.8, and he gets a 15.9! He was full of

If he ran low 14's, even not trying he wouldn't get a 15.7 or 15.8. Also while running against him, I watched his truck and he didn't have any wheelspin!
Old 07-18-2003, 07:37 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've worked quite a few Hemi's down at Gainesville. Most RCSB's are running mid-high 15's. Haven't seen a quick one yet.

The damned things are HEAVY! Imagine if we had 345hp in our "light" trucks--we're talking EASY low 14's.

WAKE UP GENERAL!!!!
Old 07-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Launching!

How can you tell when a hemi is racing you?
Old 07-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

How can you tell when a hemi is racing you?
Its hard to tell, just wait for them to catch up and run off and leave them again.

I raced one over here in H-town and from a dead stop it was about 10 F-250 lengths. From his roll it was maybe 1.5 lengths. We pulled over and I asked him what have you done to this thing? (cause I should have pulled away much more) He said 100shot and a Flowmaster muffler. I said cool but really thinking 100 shot and it doesn't run any better than that!

03 Powerstroke 4x4 Crewcab 7280lbs
Chip, no muffler and a big air box
Stock speed limiter @ 93 mph
1.85 60' 14.16 @ 93.53
Old 07-18-2003, 01:11 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Hemi's are hype. My father-in-law works with a guy who has a rcsb hemi. He has 5,000+ miles on it and the best it could do was low 16s at the track. They had 3 different drivers and all that mess. Hemi's are

I'll be looking for one next time I go to the track. I have been beside a rcsb hemi in traffic we went from 30-45mph. He was at my tailgate, I pulled him fast. He even puched it before I did! He had flowmasters (I could see his sticker plus, he was loud as hell).

The Silverado
Old 07-19-2003, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

gonzo,

most chevy guys never loose to hemi's and most dodge guys never loose to nbs fullsize gm's.

check out this thread about a 2001 chevy 5.7 310rwhp truck.. lol

web page
Old 07-19-2003, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gonzo,

most chevy guys never loose to hemi's and most dodge guys never loose to nbs fullsize gm's.

web page
That evilDakota sounds very confused.
Old 07-19-2003, 03:05 PM
TECH Veteran

gonzo,

web page
That evilDakota sounds very confused.
Of course he's confused...he's rolling a poor performing Mopar powered ride! If Dodge could only make a good transmission... Ah well, you can get a fair amount of power from those rides but you pretty much need to totally work it over. Stock for stock they are turds.

Quick Reply: I need to hear about hemi kills