Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

I put 2010 6.2 exhaust on my 07 max now what headers guys!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, your in the same page as me..."all work done by me"

Id like a system i can do in my backyard and i can do it nice and fully...

Does the AHR system bolt on directly to the stock rear portion of the cat back? id like to use the stock rear as i want to maintain the stock look, as well as its good enough with the magnaflow muffler and 3.5in tubing...
Old 06-19-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as you get the correct Y pipe with the ARH it will bolt up. When you order they will ask "how many Cats do you have and the year and motor?" I made a mistake on this when I ordered mine, but it worked out as I was doing a full custom system for catback anyway. It may be different on your denali as compared to my sierra but if you get the right kit it will bolt right to stock cat back no problem. I believe this is true for SW, kooks and dynatec as well. Let us know what you go with!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Perfect... i will be sooner or later...the blower set me back a tad so im doing my Homework right now...30+ gains from headers tho is a pretty thing...

How were your gains?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

CAN U TELL THE DIFFERENCE IN POWER..The 6.2 exhaust is real big nice free flowing bends why did u change it just curious!!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by silverstreak07
CAN U TELL THE DIFFERENCE IN POWER..The 6.2 exhaust is real big nice free flowing bends why did u change it just curious!!
My headers are stock still...from what i hear they are pretty restrictive...

Iv heard LT headers are worth 30 at the wheels with a tune...
Old 06-20-2012, 11:58 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Get the ARH 1 7/8" catless headers and never look back... You'll need to pulley down and retune to gain some boost back after that swap, but 8 PSI with the ARH and a retune, and it will feel like a new truck. You're talkin a difference of over 50 HP EASY with those changes, I'd guess an honest 75. The headers move so much more air that you will lose a couple pounds of boost from installing them, the pulley will help you gain it all back. I bet you lose 2# with the header install, and bringing it to 8# total would be like adding 3# to what you run now, but the engine will be much more efficient. Make sure when you order them they know you have the 6.2 cat back and you need the 3.5" Y pipe.

To put it in prespective... Roger, a fellow member here AKlowriderZ71, gained just about 10 MPH in the 1/4 mile from this exact change, and a change to the intake of his Maggie 112 on a 5.3.

Last edited by Vortec350ss; 06-20-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Agreed with everything you stated....headers are definitely on the list...
Old 06-20-2012, 02:38 PM
TECH Regular

I noticed a gain for sure with mine, fell it from 2000-5000 the most and I wanted a more agressive sound as well. I didnt see the point in going 3.5" when it already had 3.5" stock so I went to 4" and with the intention of going forced induction and/or cam'ed closer to end of warranty. I would say across the spectrum noticable gains with the 1 7/8" but as I said largest gain i see is in the 2-5k rpms and it sounds like an animal. I am waiting on Blackbear for my return on my tune so once that is done I'm hoping I will be satisfied enough to let it be for a decent amount of time to get closer to the warranty date. No way ill hit 100k in miles but it would be nice to have 4 years of coverage i think or until the truck is paid for.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Get the ARH 1 7/8" catless headers and never look back... You'll need to pulley down and retune to gain some boost back after that swap, but 8 PSI with the ARH and a retune, and it will feel like a new truck. You're talkin a difference of over 50 HP EASY with those changes, I'd guess an honest 75. The headers move so much more air that you will lose a couple pounds of boost from installing them, the pulley will help you gain it all back. I bet you lose 2# with the header install, and bringing it to 8# total would be like adding 3# to what you run now, but the engine will be much more efficient. Make sure when you order them they know you have the 6.2 cat back and you need the 3.5" Y pipe.

To put it in prespective... Roger, a fellow member here AKlowriderZ71, gained just about 10 MPH in the 1/4 mile from this exact change, and a change to the intake of his Maggie 112 on a 5.3.

I got my ARH from Roger, he will have them shipped from ARH directly to your house. He is also one of the cheapest if not the cheapest vendor for ARH (including ARH themselves) and can answer questions for ya. PM him when your ready to order.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:23 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

The headers are where all the power is gained in the exhaust... its your biggest restriction, so while changing whats behind it helps... it can't even touch the gains that good headers give.

Quick Reply: I put 2010 6.2 exhaust on my 07 max now what headers guys!!!!