Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

If you have a Radix and have not....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:50 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, thats the bottom bolt on the tow hook (the tow hook thats not accessible due to the SS front end ).

The exchanger works well in that spot for me, except I wish I could flipped it over so the tubing is on the top. I'm sure some air is caught in the upper chamber. It wouldn't fit between the rails with the tubes on top.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
Yes, thats the bottom bolt on the tow hook (the tow hook thats not accessible due to the SS front end ).

The exchanger works well in that spot for me, except I wish I could flipped it over so the tubing is on the top. I'm sure some air is caught in the upper chamber. It wouldn't fit between the rails with the tubes on top.
I installed a underhood switch to turn my pump on without the engine running. If you take the heat exchanger loose from its mounts you can move it around with the coolant flowing and can get a pretty good air purge.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:15 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHarris
I installed a underhood switch to turn my pump on without the engine running. If you take the heat exchanger loose from its mounts you can move it around with the coolant flowing and can get a pretty good air purge.
I actually threaded in a small valve on the top so I periodically purge the chamber. I'm sure air bubbles get trapped in there.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Really dumb question here. Heat Exchanger = Intercooler, right? Or not (oh the shame ... you can tell I paid to get my work done. Hee Hee.

Bought my Radix last year for the Denali XL. How can I tell again if have big intercooler or small?

Thanks

D
Old 06-08-2005, 11:28 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowndenalixl
Really dumb question here. Heat Exchanger = Intercooler, right? Or not (oh the shame ... you can tell I paid to get my work done. Hee Hee.

Bought my Radix last year for the Denali XL. How can I tell again if have big intercooler or small?

Thanks

D
The Heat Exchanger is the radiator mounted in the grill area. This cools the water used in the intercooler located in your intake manifold. If it is bare aluminium then it is the newer style.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Regular

Bare Aluminum vs???

Thanks

D
Old 06-08-2005, 11:31 PM
blownerator

Bare Aluminum vs???

Thanks

D

Smaller black Setrab branded style. It should look like this, just behind your grill if you have a new style
Old 06-08-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Excellent. Thanks so much for that clarification. Will look now as my pyrometer seems to be running a bit higher since I got my new tune (or could just be my led foot!)

Thanks

D
Old 06-08-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

Bummer. Have the old style. So how much for a new one, and how many hours labor should I expect to pay to have it installed? It may be worth it because on a relatively cool day, I can get egr readings of 1400 quite easily (1600 is max on the pyrometer) when lean on it on the highway for a bit. Thinking of the towing implications uphill this summer. Would I expect significantly cooler egr readings after this upgrade?

Thanks

D

p.s. I love this Forum. So helpful for people like me with two left thumbs (although I must say I am proud at having swapped in the new tuned pcm!).
Old 06-08-2005, 11:47 PM
blownerator

Bummer. Have the old style. So how much for a new one, and how many hours labor should I expect to pay to have it installed? It may be worth it because on a relatively cool day, I can get egr readings of 1400 quite easily (1600 is max on the pyrometer) when lean on it on the highway for a bit. Thinking of the towing implications uphill this summer. Would I expect significantly cooler egr readings after this upgrade?

Thanks

D

p.s. I love this Forum. So helpful for people like me with two left thumbs (although I must say I am proud at having swapped in the new tuned pcm!).

The heat exchanger can be purchased from any of the sponsors on the right-------->

$269.99 plus shipping is the cost with the new hardware required to mount it.

Quick Reply: If you have a Radix and have not....