Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

I'm so pissed off. Whipple crank pulley issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm so pissed off. Whipple crank pulley issue

Some of you may remember a few weeks back I said my crank pulley kept coming loose etc and the back side of the pulley was all torn up. I didn't realize the pulley was from whipple so i called GM and described it to the parts guy. He ordered me a harmonic balancer and said it was a special order item and I had to buy it. $130 wasted. Anyway, I called whipple and ordered the crank pulley. I got it today and it doesn't even come close to fitting into the harmonic balancer. I was so confused. I called whipple and they said, oh, you have to cut the corners off and just kinda shove it in there. So basically, the one i have is fine. $160 wasted. Mother ******!!!! Nice engineering ********. Sell me a pulley then tell me to hack the **** out of it to make it fit. WTF???? The whole reason i bought a new one was because the one i have is all hacked up. I'm gonna smash something now.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is pretty shitty man . I dont mean to laugh, but Ive had so much **** go wrong that now I just dont care anymore. The more I spend to try to get things in balance, the more dumb **** breaks or has problems. I spent over $450 on my alky kit that takes a **** every 4 months. I whouldve used the money for an intercooler setup. Now the piece of **** is turning on by itself and dumping alky into a sitting motor and killing the battery (pump being on). Of course it isnt doing **** now that I keep checking it. I cant wait to come out one morning to a hydro locked motor. My girl is fed up with all of it and wants the truck gone.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

the worst part is, i could have spent the $300 on a larger custom cut crank pulley from asp and it would have given me the option of running more boost.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:13 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Please post up some pics of the parts you are having probs with. Me or someone else can surely tell you what is going on if we could see exactly what you got. This is causing you way too much grief.