Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Which Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i did just fine no where near maxing out or leaning with regular 8.1s (31lbs) on a 6.0 with a tr224 and bolt ons. when i swapped to a tbss intake, fast 90, and ported 243s, i swapped injectors cause i got a couldnt pass up deal on some ls2 injectors (33lbs) and am still nowhere near maxing out. a buddy of mine (cuerva) runs 11.20s with nos and fast 36 lbs injectors.

different people will tell you differently. i think some folks get them because truck sounds faster when you say i got 42 lb injectors... others cause the mechanic advised them who also made more money... no offense to anyone, but just telling like it is from my personal experience and knowledge....good luck with your project...
Old 08-29-2010, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what I did with my Corvette is get the stock injectors redone was way cheaper than buying new ones..... I got them bumped up to 50 lbs
Old 08-29-2010, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

For plug & play 8.1 marine injectors! If you feel like cutting on your harness go with something else!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mhotrodscooter
For plug & play 8.1 marine injectors! If you feel like cutting on your harness go with something else!
true, for plug and play, either regular 8.1 (31 lb) or marine 8.1 (42-44 lb) injectors. less hassle.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:07 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I already had the 31# 8.1 injectors in my possession that I was going to use with my build, at the time I also had a Vinci Trucker (216/224 .551/.551 115), and I still have WCCH StageII 317's that will be going on top of my LQ9. I sold the injectors after being informed by other members here that they were maxing theirs out on 6.0's without heads and less cam, or I would have kept them. Last thing that I wanted to do was spend more money on more injector when I already had what I thought I needed. My plans now include a 224/230 .581/.588 114 cam with the same heads. Pretty sure that a 31# injector will be over 100% IDC with that setup, but a 42# will probably be somewhere between 70-80% if I were to guess. Seems like the heads were more of a concern than the cam actually...
Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

seriously.......... you should send your stock injectors here for this price you can beat it around $200 you can have your stock injectors turned into 60 lbs if you need that much and have them flowed!!

check it out

http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/
Old 08-29-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

First of all, I appreciate ALL the feedback. But as expected, I'm getting a mixed bag of responses here. It sounds like 32# will be fine, and those that are pushing the marines are suggesting them, in order to leave room for future upgrades. There are no plans for future upgrades. If that were to happen, then I'd simply deal with it then. I'm building on a budget here and don't want to spend the extra dough unless it's truely needed.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mhotrodscooter
I understand that the 31# 8.1 injectors are plug and play as well. Otherwise, I'd buy that arguement.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:24 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blsnelling
First of all, I appreciate ALL the feedback. But as expected, I'm getting a mixed bag of responses here. It sounds like 32# will be fine, and those that are pushing the marines are suggesting them, in order to leave room for future upgrades. There are no plans for future upgrades. If that were to happen, then I'd simply deal with it then. I'm building on a budget here and don't want to spend the extra dough unless it's truely needed.
As I mentioned, I already had the 8.1 31# injectors and was told by many that they'd be maxed out on a mild cam only 6.0, so I sold them...but then again, I like to play it safe. Can't remember exactly who, but the guys who gave me that info found out from personal first hand experience. I'll bet that they'll work with your setup, but will probably be running 115% IDC.

I wouldn't have gotten rid of a part that I already had, in lieu of a more expensive part that I have to shop for, if there wasn't a legitimate reason for it. Your combo sounds like it's going to be similar to mine though, so if you get the gas 8.1's, be sure to post up your IDC, since your build will be done before mine, and if they work for you, they might work for me. Although I'm pretty sure that if you go with the 31#ers, you'll be buying injectors twice, and there will be another set of 31# injectors up for sale in the classifieds
Old 08-29-2010, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blsnelling
why don't you send your stock injectors out and get them refreshed and made larger you can get them in 42's or 52's all the way up to 60.... and they are flowmatched too... for like 15 bucks an injector..... they will be plug and play also I don't want you to waste money on new **** that is not going meet your needs in the future

Quick Reply: Which Injectors?