Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Which Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Laid Back

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
As I mentioned, I already had the 8.1 31# injectors and was told by many that they'd be maxed out on a mild cam only 6.0, so I sold them...but then again, I like to play it safe. Can't remember exactly who, but the guys who gave me that info found out from personal first hand experience. I'll bet that they'll work with your setup, but will probably be running 115% IDC.
So your saying that I'm probably maxing out my 31# injectors with my heads/cam 6.0?

Well that's just great. Time to spend some more moneys.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I'll take one for the team, put the 32s on, and see where they're at. If they're not sufficient, I can then send them out to be modded, and still have less than a set of marine 44s.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beatdown Z
So your saying that I'm probably maxing out my 31# injectors with my heads/cam 6.0?

Have you not had your truck tuned? Your tuner should be able to tell you where you're at.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blsnelling
Maybe I'll take one for the team, put the 32s on, and see where they're at. If they're not sufficient, I can then send them out to be modded, and still have less than a set of marine 44s.
That's what I'm talking about never a need to buy new injectors unless you need them....
Old 08-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Laid Back

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you not had your truck tuned? Your tuner should be able to tell you where you're at.
Mail-order tune from Nelson Performance...
Old 08-30-2010, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm having Black Bear do my tune. Both they and Texas Speed both think I should be fine with 32# injectors. We'll find out. I bought a new set of take offs for $125.

Last edited by blsnelling; 08-30-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:45 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beatdown Z

From what I've been told yes, but who knows, maybe I got false info. Get some tuning software, or have someone with tuning software help you out, and do some logging to know for sure.

If I sold injectors that I could have used I'll be pissed lol...eh, I needed the cash for my trans at the time anyway...
Old 08-30-2010, 04:48 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Good luck blsnelling, I hope that the 32#ers work out for you...if not, like you said, they can be modded...which is good to know. Maybe when I get my setup underway, I'll just have my stockers reworked...

Has anybody used the company that reworks the stock injectors? Any feedback good or bad?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bud, I appreciate your input, and your attitude. We should learn something from this either way it goes. I'll be the first to tell you if they end up being too small.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:19 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Bud, I appreciate your input, and your attitude. We should learn something from this either way it goes. I'll be the first to tell you if they end up being too small.
Thanks man, I'm hoping to learn something here too...sorry that you have to be the guinea pig lol, but if trusted vendors such as BlackBear and TSP say that you'll be OK, you should feel pretty confident that you'll be OK. Justin has tuned just about every combo imaginable (I would imagine), and obviously knows what he's talking about (hence why I chose him as my tuner ) I'll be keeping an eye on your build and truly wish you the best of luck...sounds like you're going to have a sweet combo

Quick Reply: Which Injectors?