Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Installed a corvette servo!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 09:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed a corvette servo!

Wow what a difference in the feel that it makes when it shifts. It shifts a little harder and more sudden, doesn't feel like it glides when it shifts. I would recommend doing it to any truck if it hasn't been done already.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

how hard are they to put in and what other thing nee to be done to the tranny? also what is the $$?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cstchevy
how hard are they to put in and what other thing nee to be done to the tranny? also what is the $$?
some would say to install a shift kit using one or no washers along with a vette servo.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I paid 20 dollars for the part and you can but them at any transmission shop. You can have them install it for around 40 bucks (Thats what i did). However, you can do a search over www.google.com and type in "corvette servo installation" and their is a website that shows you step by step on how to install one. It doesn't look that difficult at all. However the exhaust if kind of in the way and my truck sets too low so I just had them install it. The only other mods i have done with my tranny is aluminum 1-2 accumulator piston because I have a programmer and the plastic one hit the dust when I craked up the shift preasure.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can install shift kit but you have to eliminate all torque management. My programmer doesn't eliminate anything.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok I will look into it, I wonder how much a shift kit and servos would cost for parts and install. maybe I found my next thing to do if the money is right.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a Transgo shift kit Summit racing $109 bucks. Trans shop for corvette servo $20. And for a overdrive 4th gear billet servo $85 through summit racing. I would recommend the H.O setting on the shift kit and installing a aluminum 1-2 accumulator piston around $20. Then around $175-250 depending on where you take it to have it installed.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

By the way cstchevy i notice that you have no catalytics, did you have to have something done to the computer to the check engine light wouldn't come on or did you have to buy new sensors? After my nelson tune I want to get set of mid length header and want to bet rid of the cats! Did you notice a power increase when you got rid of them?
Old 06-10-2004, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I bought 02 sims but they don't work and never did on my truck, my light is on but when I get a tune I will have them turn the circuits off. Since you already have a neslson tune just have him send you a new tune witht he sensors off after you do midlengths and no cats. I love the sound and damn it's loud now but that's the way I like it. Power increase was up in the mid to high rpm, my truck pulls really well after about 3500rpm. I did loose a little low end but since I finished my exhaust with true duals and x pipe their is really no difference in low range just picks up a little in the top but I really did it for the loud *** truck to embarrass the high school kids.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Yes no cats is a good way to go, i want my truck to loud as hell to **** off all the people who think i drive to fast up were i live because the sound makes them think i drive to fast, so louder will sure make them happy.

Quick Reply: Installed a corvette servo!