Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Installed Hayden Trans Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed Hayden Trans Cooler

I installed the cooler part #679 (in stock at my local Oreilly's) in about 1 1/2 hours, using fitting adapter kit #390 (not in stock, 1 day wait.) It would not have taken so long, but I wanted everything to be perfect so hopefully I will never have to mess with it again. I mounted it on the front of the AC condenser, in the bottom middle right. If you want a pic of where I put it then let me know and I can email you one. Here is some info for anyone who might do this. The line you disconnect on the radiator is the top one. I did a "test" where I disconnected it and turned the truck on for like half a second to see if fluid came out of the radiator or the line. Well it came out of the radiator, so I knew it was the right hose, but it shot fluid all over the engine compartment!!! Also, don't even bother trying to use teflon tape, I couldn't get it to work, so I got some 400 degree blue thread sealing compound for like 3 bucks. Also I did not have any hose left over! It barely came with enough. Also pick up some 1/2 inch (3/4 inch might fit better but I'm not sure) wire loom to protect the hoses where the touch the radiator support. This is probably one of the easiest things I have installed so far, and for only $70, it is well worth it for insurance since we all give our trucks hell. If you want a pic, or have other questions about this just let me know.