Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Installed my UPD on my 02 last night.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 09:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed my UPD on my 02 last night.....

and boy was it a bitch... First I could not get the tube to fit on the tb. I had to grind off the little bumb all around the opening of the tb. After trying again, I had to put some grease all around the tb opening and it finally went in. After that was done, the position wouldnot let screw the top part of the box in place. It would not align with the bottom half. I had to move the bottom part a little by dislocating it from its original position in order for ti to fit. After that I went for a test drive. I did not notice much of a difference. Maybe I noticed more difference on the 4.8 because it has an exhaust or I have not opened the bottom part of the like the pic. Any comments on why I did not noticed much of a difference as I did on my 4.8
Old 05-14-2003, 11:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Installed my UPD on my 02 last night.....

I put mine in yesterday and yeah the intake tube to tb was a little annoying, I just put it on best I could, ran the motor a bit (so it would be a little hot) then I loosend the clamp pushed on it by then it got scared and jumped in place. Some vasoline on that rubber TB joint helped too. I did notice some improvement, accelorates smoother and has helped other mods (headers/programmer).