Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Installing larger injectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing larger injectors

I'm installing 57lb high Z Seimans injectors on my new engine combo and have a few questions.How do you scale the injectors for LS1Edit?And what kind of spacers and replacement injector plugs do I need?I've also been told that I can set my ProM MAF to deliver 750g/sec at 12,000 Hz and use 2/3 of actual injector flow to get around the PCM's 511g/sec limitation.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:31 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll need to ask some Radix guys about spacing out the fuel rail on the supercharger. I'd be careful trying to fool the PCM with the MAF and incorrect fuel injector numbers.

You get your motor yet? You going with TEA heads?
Old 05-02-2004, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

I'll be putting the the TEA heads on the shortblock this week,I had them o-ringed after hearing about Parish8's head gasket problems and hopefully my Evans waterpump will showup next week.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whitt1 what mods are you planning that you think will require you to scale to 750g/sec ?

Scaling the injectors is pretty easy. Several formula's are available on the web.

You'll have to move the rails up 3/8's or so and install plugs from a LS1 based car.

As far as your ProM MAF goes if your not sure how to scale your injectors you better stay away from playing with the MAF tables for a little while. Plus I'm not to sure you'll need to. There are several ways to get to the same result with LS1 Edit and the way you described doesn't sound like the easiest or even necessary unless your making 600 plus to the wheels.

Originally Posted by whitt1
I'm installing 57lb high Z Seimans injectors on my new engine combo and have a few questions.How do you scale the injectors for LS1Edit?And what kind of spacers and replacement injector plugs do I need?I've also been told that I can set my ProM MAF to deliver 750g/sec at 12,000 Hz and use 2/3 of actual injector flow to get around the PCM's 511g/sec limitation.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Junkie

What I was told is to use 2/3 actual fuel flow,scale the ProM MAF to deliver a 12,000 Hz signal at 750g/sec then set MAF tables to max at 500g/sec.That the PCM would be fooled into delivering 1/3 more fuel to match the actual MAF flowrates.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

I saw that reply on the EDIT email list and was wondering about who was planning such a big setup. Seemed like some good info off of that. I thought it was a good way, it sounded right anyways. I am interested in all this too. I am already reaching 59.7x lbs a min on some of my logs. With more boost, more cam and bigger heads, I will without a doubt be maxxing it out.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm thinking that 750g/sec would be good for about 650rwhp,that's what I'm hopping to make eventually.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

Once your setups are "maxxing it out" it (the PCM) will still be able to provide enough fuel based on RPM off the VE table. . You guys will be OK even/when you Max it out....The limitations of the MAF can be worked around

Sounds like there will be some big improvements to the Fastest Truck list are coming this Summer Is the LS1 Truck community ready for a Lightning vs Chevy show down I'd say not yet but its getting closer.

Originally Posted by Flyer
I saw that reply on the EDIT email list and was wondering about who was planning such a big setup. Seemed like some good info off of that. I thought it was a good way, it sounded right anyways. I am interested in all this too. I am already reaching 59.7x lbs a min on some of my logs. With more boost, more cam and bigger heads, I will without a doubt be maxxing it out.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Whitt, figure out how to get those injectors into the Radix rail so I can follow suit.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Quick Reply: Installing larger injectors