Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Intake Shoot-out w/Dyno Charts

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm.... strange 'bout the link ???

There, everybody happy now ?!!!?

Any more questions ?!!?
Old 06-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah this is screaming BS
Old 06-25-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Every so often this BS happends,what ever happend to Todd that had his intake independitly.I have a westers in the 04 Yukon,you think I would feel 50HP gain,guess what it feels like stock.if there is any HP increase I cant tell.I did have a westers in a 03 Tahoe,I could tell some difference in performance.Sorry dude you cant believe it if you want,just that Ive seen this BS here before.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

BS ?? Did anyfuckingbody read the original text ???

The intake shootout was all on the same day, same dyno- hey, same truck, even.

Yes, the dynos are a year+ apart, but when I posted the original dyno way back when, it was completely on-line with what other new 6.0s were making.

Like I said in the text in the link, I realize comparing different dynos ain't the greatest way to do it, but considering conditions of each, that my G-Tech has always been w/in a few hp of what I've had dyno to back (had the stock tune in not too long ago), that I knocked 1.2 seconds off my times, I'm perfectly happy with all the numbers and believe them to be fairly accurate.

Wanna doubt them- go for it. I can understand not wanting to believe I spent half what a lot of guys do and got more hp out of it. I also know this is Nelson-land, so ANYTHING remotely Westers will be bashed- that's okay, too

How about this- someone in Houston wanna sponsor a few pulls for me- bring it on !!!!!!

Sorry, boyz... hate all ya want
Old 06-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

Gonzo, have you retuned those westers ??
Old 06-25-2005, 09:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Retuned?No,the 03 was a different PCM ,I have been in touch with Butch,I put my scanner on it and gave him all the numbers,it looks fine there.My mileage had went down with the westers.With the summer fuel and the warmer weather the fuel mileage the last two times tested were right back to stock tune #s,I was expecting a gain of atleast 1 MPG.This has the 89 octane tune and borla duel out.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

Bummer, dude. I got HUGE increase from the first time I stepped on the throttle after installing, and got really sweet economy increase.

But y'all can call BS on that too, if ya like
Old 06-25-2005, 09:45 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Look homie, you're the one who came in here posting what you claim to be definitive evidence of a substantial HP gain. When ANYONE makes such claims they are expected to back it up with good scientific evidence. Anything less is going to be met with critisism.

You are using 2 different dynos and let me add that they are of a brand that nobody really trusts because of the ease of fudging the numbers or that fact that not all shops use the same correction factors.

I'm glad you're happy with your tune and your air filter. That's great that you only spent half of what others might have spent. But realize that dynos are tuning tools and that's about it. If you want bragging rights then go play at the track and throw down some real numbers.. IE ET/MPH/60' raceweights etc...
Old 06-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Look homie, you're the one who came in here posting what you claim to be definitive evidence of a substantial HP gain. When ANYONE makes such claims they are expected to back it up with good scientific evidence. Anything less is going to be met with critisism.

You are using 2 different dynos and let me add that they are of a brand that nobody really trusts because of the ease of fudging the numbers or that fact that not all shops use the same correction factors.

I'm glad you're happy with your tune and your air filter. That's great that you only spent half of what others might have spent. But realize that dynos are tuning tools and that's about it. If you want bragging rights then go play at the track and throw down some real numbers.. IE ET/MPH/60' raceweights etc...

I have a nelson tune and I noticed a difference a really big difference in how my truck runs but 50hp come on now. I realize it is 6L but there isnt a 20hp diff for those .7L. The only way I could see getting 50hp out of a tune is with FI or nitrous or some radical n/a engine with a shitty *** tune to begin with. Go back to CTW("westers land" as you put this place as being "Nelson land") and preach about how awesome Westers is. To each their own but you have to expect when you bring up something as being end-all-be-all information and it has holes all in it you cant expect it to hld any water. Just my .02
Old 06-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

No, it's cool, f8l. I understand the skepticism. If it wasn't all happening to ME, I'd doubt it too. These are PHENOMENAL claims, I know.

But I'm tellin' ya- nofuckinshit- my trucks runs amazing for it's size. I'll back that anywhere G-Tech (yes, I know ) said it was doing 0-60 in 7.52 with the old intake, with wheelspin off the line. Although I ain't had too many street races, and all against ricers... I ain't lost yet....

As far as DynoJets not being dynos of choice- I had no idea. So, what are the preferred dynos ?? Who's got 'em in Houston ??

And you're right- the strip is a better indicator of real world power. At my last outing, apx 5900lbs, pulled 2.2sec 60' times w/wheelspin. Times below.

For now !!!!!

So, I knew what I was getting myself into posting claims like this at a place like this. They are incredible gains for sure, and even tho they're different dynos, I thought there was enough consistency to at least acknowledge that I did get some substantial increases.

Instead, I got this ?!!?

It's okay... we'll meet up at the track eventually

slow01, fly your owned flag all ya want. I posted what I feel is acceptable proof, but like I said, I'll end up running into somebody here at the track one day. Be happy to back it there

Y'all, it's all cool by me. I understand the skepticism. I AM happy with my truck, it runs great for what I've got done. Maybe I had the worst stock tune known to man- who knows. 235 stock sounds about right... But whatever, I'm not gonna argue this any further

BTW, I've never posted at CTW. You can find me at GMTrucks and QSClub

I'll post my next outing to the track. Hope to meet some of you out there

Quick Reply: Intake Shoot-out w/Dyno Charts