Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Intake Shoot-out w/Dyno Charts

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
... most of us are interested in facts and from the way the thread looked there were not real facts because of inconsitant data. I doubt the people on here are mad because someone possibly made more power with less money. Far from it. Most of the guys I know are all for info that could save others money...
I think that about sums it up!

The dragstrip is the best measure. Dyno's read differently and dyno operators often like the "please the customer" with big numbers (non-corrected). To my knowledge theres no way to really fake the dragstrip results.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smokeydoge
There's a super-sweet aluminum venturi piece that necks the filter down to the tube diameter. In theory, when you take air and squeeze it thru a smaller tube, you increase the velocity and, again, in theory, create a positive pressure.
according to Bournouli's principle, pressure drops when it passes through a venturi, FWIW
Old 06-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Start2Fab, yup, found that out yesterday. My A/C guy is a bud, we were talking about all this and he pointed that out to me.

Mort, ya know, when I figured it out on paper according to manufacturer numbers, I came up with exactly 5850 !!! I added a little for my heavier tires, and have been using 5900lbs for my G-Tech and est. weight. Tried to get weighed last night, but they told me it was only for true-10 vehicles. I said I AM a true-10.... in the 1/8th

TigerFan, I'm not calling nothing I like the way you did it, no arguments there. But no shenanigans on my part- everything I presented here is 100% on-the-level, as far as I know. I didn't ask any dyno operators to fudge **** for me, in fact, I'd be quite opposed.

Y'all, I know they're crazy numbers, I figured they'd be pretty much rejected, but the difference in the truck pretty much backs them. G-Tech was 6hp shy (aerodynamics) of my most recent dyno-pull, the intake shoot-out, the 14.6hp and 20+hp numbers- those were all the same day, dyno, so I can't see where anyone could take issue with those numbers, my before and after 1/4 times back those gains, too.

Maybe I had a crap tune to begin with and got the world's greatest tune from Lyndon by some stroke of gawd, but I stand by the numbers represented. I knew they wouldn't be accepted by most of the crew here... so hopefully we'll meet at the track soon and we'll lay it all to rest !!!!

Old 06-26-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate Volant.