Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

intank fuel module ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Intank fuel module/fuel strainer ??

Sorry guys for all these questions, but i want to drop the tank one time, and not anymore. On the bottom of the fuel module that the pump sits in, there is one of those fuel strainer things like 04's have, and gss340's. I have an 03. The strainer wasn't attached to the pump, but rather the bottom of the module . Now that i have my gss340 in there with a strainer of it's own, do i leave the old strainer attached to the bottom of that module , or take it off? If i take it off, will gas leave the modual under hard breaking and accel when the fuel level is lower? Sometimes i wish i would have just got an aux. inline pump that magnasun sends out with there 03' for my truck, instead of trying to make the 04 intank kit work on my 03.

thanks,
Nate
Old 01-16-2005, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

TTT somebodys got to be able to help me with this i can't get any help with this anywhere!

Nate
Old 01-16-2005, 08:03 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

in my gss340 intank set up (05) The stock filter is removed and the filter that comes with the gss340 is used in its place.

hope that helps you
Old 01-16-2005, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by moregrip
in my gss340 intank set up (05) The stock filter is removed and the filter that comes with the gss340 is used in its place.

hope that helps you

I think the 04 + trucks are different, the stock filter is actually attached to the bottom of the module case, not the pump. So do i leave this attached to the bottom of the module or take it off? This crap is really frustrating.

thanks,
Nate
Old 01-16-2005, 08:27 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by NateZ
I think the 04 + trucks are different, the stock filter is actually attached to the bottom of the module case, not the pump. So do i leave this attached to the bottom of the module or take it off? This crap is really frustrating.

thanks,
Nate
Since the 04 > only need the walbro filter, I would say your setup only needs this filter as well, as long as, there is no other unfiltered entrance into your fuel system.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Since the 04 > only need the walbro filter, I would say your setup only needs this filter as well, as long as, there is no other unfiltered entrance into your fuel system.

Will fuel still flow in and out of the "tub" as normal though? This is what i am worried about.... if you take the filter off the bottom, there is a hole about the size of a quarter there, were the bottom of the old pump sat in. the old pump had one inlet that sucked fuel from that hole, right through the module bottom, then there was another inlet that sucked in the fuel thats in the module itself.....

Nate
Old 01-16-2005, 08:45 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by NateZ
Will fuel still flow in and out of the "tub" as normal though? This is what i am worried about.... if you take the filter off the bottom, there is a hole about the size of a quarter there, were the bottom of the old pump sat in. the old pump had one inlet that sucked fuel from that hole, right through the module bottom, then there was another inlet that sucked in the fuel thats in the module itself.....

Nate
Now I'm confused
Old 01-16-2005, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Now I'm confused
Me too man, i don't know how else to describe this ****. I have about had it. Mabye i can get a gm tech to help me out when i go to the dealer tomarrow.

Nate