Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Interesting post on intakes from the PUTC forum!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Interesting post on intakes from the PUTC forum!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The only cool air kit that makes power on a 5.3 is the one ProDyno of AZ makes that re-locates a K&N cone filter to the passenger lower portion of the radiator cap</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">so you come here stating your opinion that nothing works but that. seems to me like marketing.

now tell me, are headers worth the money, how about HPP's. humor me some more of your opinions.

one more thing, expain to me why i gained 7tenths at the track with a programer and intake.

<small>[ March 03, 2003, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: rgvsierra ]</small>
Old 03-03-2003, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Interesting post on intakes from the PUTC forum!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">jim, next time you go for a drive as soon as you get home pull of yur intake lid and feel yur filter. no matter what kind of filter yur using (panel, cone, whatever) or if its in the stock airbox or open like the K&N the filter will be hot.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">crazyidiot4.8
I have tested the temps of the air filter, that's why I went to the ram-air set up over the FIPK. As soon as I got to work one day, I used a infra red heat gun we have there and checked the filter temp on the FIPK, it was 140* on a 98* day. The next day, I made the ram-air set up using the OEM intake and drove to work. Again, I checked the filter temp and it was 108* on a 98* day, big difference. This is just my opinion but I think the thick plastic of the OEM air box does a better job of insulating the filter area than the metal heat shield of the FIPK.
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seems like you are pretty level headed, </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">11H
Well, I do think I'm pretty level headed, definitly not the smartest guy around but I feel I have alot of common sense. I experiment quite a bit, testing different filters, mufflers and various mods to the point that I get razzed about it on the forums. I think experimenting is fun, yeah it cost a little money but oh well!
Jim