Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Internal engine cleaners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kemble
Guess im the oddball, seafoam=snakeoil. Read the MSDS sheets for it and decide for yourself.
Seafoam is the $hit! I like Lucas Oil products too, I have used Lucus in my trucks for the last couple years and never been unhappy with them.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by aeorozco
Seafoam is the $hit! I like Lucas Oil products too, I have used Lucus in my trucks for the last couple years and never been unhappy with them.
By all means use what you like, but the products are not what there cracked up to be. That is not opinion but fact based on the chemical composition.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dmelvin
I guess so ... I've never used it or ordered it an he's never posted a link to it, I would assume that this is the same stuff though.
NONONO! wrong chemical.

Im sorry I never posted a link, here it is.. This is the Spray version, BE VERY CAREFULL WITH IT! If you get it in your eye, you WILL be BLIND for a few mins! BESHURE TO KNOW the route to the SINK Blind cause you WILL be screaming and running faster than you ever have!
Do NOT wear normal latex gloves it will melt them, as bro stated wear chemical resistant gloves and TEST the before putting them on.. Spray them see if they melt or get soft.
This stuff is by far the Best cleaner avalible to the public.
When you spray carbon, soak it, then let it dry. the carbon will flake right off, a vacume will remove it nicely.. If its heavy greese, soak it then simply spray it off with your air compressor (VERY MESSY! You have been warned) or more B-12. beshure to COVER ANY PAINT as the **** will go flying all over the place.
I just finished cleaning out a old 94 SBC, it was so clogged the oil drains on front and back of heads was SOLID full of coagulated oil. I had to push a screwdriver through the passage to clear the way for the B-12.
By the time I finished 6 cans, a shop vac and air compressor. th eengine looked bran new and I looked like a greesy swamp thing.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...ntifier=525295

Use this stuff to Dip parts into for extended soak times. Its not near as powerfull as the spray, but its REALLY hardcore!

http://www.berrymanproducts.com/Default.aspx?tabid=146

I run this stuff in my parts washer. WEAR A MASK! the VAPORS from BOTH the spray and dip will make you see martians and the devil will come after you!

If you get this stuff on your hands, specifically into the pours on top your fingers, you will want to cut your hands off! BE SMART, BE SAFE!
This stuff is DABOMB for cleaning engines but its also DABOMB at makin you beg for mommie!

BTW I bought stock into this company, LOL! Its my fav cleaner. I have dozens of cans of this stuff laying around, the EPA would **** kittens if they saw how I store this struff. BTW, use the spray can. and a lighter.. do the flame thrower. ITS INTENSE!!!!! HUGE FIRE BALL!

WEAR SAFTEY GLASSES, GLOVES AND DUST MASK
Old 01-21-2011, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Berryman does indeed make useful products.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

B-12 isn't all that dangerous lol. I sell that stuff all the time.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:03 PM

A dust mask does jack for vapors. It stops just what it says, dust. They have respirators for a reason if its that bad.