Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Joe Gibbs truck parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joe Gibbs truck parts

I love those 20 inch wheels. Also, how about that Magnusson/Gibbs roots blower?

Does anybody have any experience with the wheels and/or blower package? Also, the suspension package looks pretty good too.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

The wheels are heavy as hell... my cousin has one and he swapped em out for Chrome SS wheels...

As far as the blower package goes... all it is is a radix with a fixed bower pulley on it... You're better off just buyin a radix... If you get the joe gibbs blower and you want to swap out pullies, you have to buy a whole new nose drive.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 01Sierra
The wheels are heavy as hell... my cousin has one and he swapped em out for Chrome SS wheels...

As far as the blower package goes... all it is is a radix with a fixed bower pulley on it... You're better off just buyin a radix... If you get the joe gibbs blower and you want to swap out pullies, you have to buy a whole new nose drive.
Yep he's right it sucks from what i hear.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

I'm not sure I'd want to run more than 5.5psi of boost without upgrading the tranny anyway. They also offer a heck of a warranty on the motor with the Gibbs blower. I think it's 5yr/75k miles. I don't think it includes the tranny.

Can the 4L60E handle a blown 5.3L engine?

Sucks to hear about those wheels, they look very sweet and classy. How much heavier are they than the SS wheels?
Old 12-07-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Couldn't tell ya how much heavier the wheels are but they are heavier...

I think you will have to upgrade the tranny regardless, and I'm pretty sure magnacharger offers some type of warranty too... can't remember exactly what it is though...
Old 12-07-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

magnacharger offer a 36 month warranty on engione and tranmission but you can't have any modifications like asamller pully etc. The gibbs truck have the 3.6 pulley and I have driven one(extended cab) and it wasn't any faster, I swear then my stock 6.0. If your goin to do anything you will be spending way to much money on their stuff. Oh also the reason gibbs truck come with a 75k/5 year warranty is becasue of the 3.6 pulley which is putting out 5lbs of boost. the stock one would put out 7lbs. so ou see the difference.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:24 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cstchevy
The gibbs truck have the 3.6 pulley and I have driven one and it wasn't any fast I swear then my stock 6.0. If your goin to do anything you will be spending way to much money on their stuff.
13.92 @ 101 in a RCSB Gibbs truck. 3.6 pulley and the heavy wheels.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

I don't think I'd blow $5-7k on a Magnacharger anyway. Even after all that stuff, the truck will still be slow. I was more interested in the wheels, though the blower did sound nice with the warranty and horsepower/torque boost.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:26 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
I don't think I'd blow $5-7k on a Magnacharger anyway. Even after all that stuff, the truck will still be slow. I was more interested in the wheels, though the blower did sound nice with the warranty and horsepower/torque boost.

Better tell Flyer you think his truck is slow
Old 12-07-2004, 02:33 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Better tell Flyer you think his truck is slow
Been there, done that.

Quick Reply: Joe Gibbs truck parts