Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Just bought some new Thorley headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Just bought some new Thorley headers

dyno numbers are where it's at. i don't rely to heavily on track numbers cuz when i got my headers and full exhaust it did nothing for my track times but there was about a 20 hp difference on the dyno.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by slowverado:
<strong> dyno numbers are where it's at. i don't rely to heavily on track numbers cuz when i got my headers and full exhaust it did nothing for my track times but there was about a 20 hp difference on the dyno. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think myself and the rest of the people on this board with disagree with that statement. What is the point of gaining rwhp if it does nothing at the track? So you can say you have high numbers? The track is where it is at.

Kent
Old 03-04-2003, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Those are sweeet! You have any sound clips or vids of your truck???
Old 03-04-2003, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by samuriarte:
<strong> Those are sweeet! You have any sound clips or vids of your truck??? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, http://ktc000270.tripod.com

There are three of my truck as well as other videos.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

My computer is on the glitz. Can you please give me their number. Thanks
Old 03-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Banned

don't get me wrong...there's something great about a 500 hp truck running high 11s, don't get me wrong. i like track times...but when you're talking about these small gains from bolt ons, usually track times don't even drop that much from bolt on to bolt on. and even .1 second can be from track variences. they are a sweet looking set of headers though...i'm gonna look into them once i get my pistons/rod bolts in and paid for. so i'm right with ya.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

those headers look sweet, i think im gonna run those instead of the ASMs they look very similar and are a lot cheaper.

are you just getting rid of your cats? what does the thorley kit do about them?
Old 03-05-2003, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by OOsilverado:
<strong> those headers look sweet, i think im gonna run those instead of the ASMs they look very similar and are a lot cheaper.

are you just getting rid of your cats? what does the thorley kit do about them? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not completely sure about the cats. I was thinking about getting a custom y-pipe made w/o cats, but I don't want to worry about getting caught, $10,000 fine in California.

The Thorley's are just like the other mid/long tube headers out as far as install goes. Just cut the y-pipe 1/2" before the cats, install the headers and weld them in place. The are 50 state legal and come with the CARB#.

By the way, Thorley is in Corona, so they are not too far from your place. Just off of the 91 east, exit Lincoln and turn right, left on RailRoad and they are on the left hand side.

Kent
Old 03-25-2003, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Any update on performance gains? Dyno? ET?