Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Just ordered a Predator!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered a Predator!

Getting it from Tom at Tbyrne Motorsports for $419.99 and free over night shipping. I was looking at Westers PCM tuning but decided I wanted to be able to change things and have a code reading too. I hope I don't have problems like I've read about of various forums .
Jim
Old 08-06-2003, 11:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: Just ordered a Predator!

Just make sure you have you battery in good shape and you should be okay. I'd also set the E-Brake, pull the fuel pump fuse, and turn off the dome lights when doing this to minimize battery drain. The key needs to be all the way forward just before it trips the starter.

It is weird that many people's programmers have tweeked out like that. Just be careful.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let us know about your results.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:15 AM
Formerly one92rs

good luck.i am still awaiting my custom tune but i am not going to rush them for it.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:12 AM
Launching!

I just push the e brake in and go. I haven't had a problem yet. I do keep and eye on the volt meter though. I had to get a custom tune yesterday to resolve the speedo issue when I changed gears. I can't wait for the next firmware update to correct this problem.
Lar
Old 08-07-2003, 08:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Getting it from Tom at Tbyrne Motorsports for $419.99 and free over night shipping. I was looking at Westers PCM tuning but decided I wanted to be able to change things and have a code reading too. I hope I don't have problems like I've read about of various forums .
Jim
Cheaper through James @ you know where. $399.00 and two day delivery. He says he has some sponser on the site that represents him. I will try and find out who.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Formerly one92rs

hey arcticgmc how long did it take for a custom tune to come in for you.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Launching!

I got it in a day but mine was to fix the problem with the speedo. I don't know if there is a higher priority for problems or not. but the other tunes that I got to see if they could turn on the e-fans via the pcm with the predator had about the same turn around. Come to find out is the setting needed to do this is not in their software to create custom tunes. Maybe if we create a small demand they will write it in.

There is a glitch will all of the predators that will be resolved in the next update(hopefully soon) with the ability to change a the gear ratio. I was cruiseing at 2k rms and was only traveling 55-60mph. The fix for the cars is to change the tire size to some odd ball size. This caused the abs and brake light to come on after driving on my truck and it didn't resolve the speedo issue.
On another note support has been great and I haven't had any other problems except the speedo issue and returning to stock error one time which was easily resolved.
Lar
Old 08-07-2003, 05:59 PM
Formerly one92rs

wow i sent in my program in last friday.but they are trying to find why i am running so rich.patience is usually rewarded.hey what error did you recieve. how did they fix it.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Launching!

It's just a known problem about changing the gear ratio with the predator. It doesn't work!! The work around by changing the tire sizes to some odd ball size didn't work and caused the abs and brake lights to come on. They just sent me a custom tune with the new gear ratio set in stone.
Worked like a charm.
Lar

Quick Reply: Just ordered a Predator!