Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Leaking LSXRT

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:20 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got any pics of the straight edge on the ports? I'm curious as to how warped the intake is.

side note, I had one of those "bad batch" cams. Lobes on my old cam are flaked and cracked.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Going by the few that have said that they would of gotten this intake including myself and wont now knowing this. I'd say they have lost out on a few sales, but i doubt that will hurt comp and their advertising much..

But if their were enough complaints, would they try to correct the problem or ignore it like they have know to do before is the question..?

Last edited by skolman91; 08-06-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:13 AM
TOTM: June 2007

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NEGEN@SDPC
bgray hey buddy I just wanted to give you something to check with the intake before you give up on it. I put one of these intakes on my truck and was having about the same problem just not as bad. But I remembered when I put my injectors back in the bottom of the intake they were crazy tight to get in. So I took it back apart and sure enough it had cut 6 out of 8 lower injector o'rings. So I ended up just finding the correct size o'ring myself and fixing it. Not saying that is your problem but its something to look into....
IVe already put the truck intake on, and swapped the FAST orings off for the stock ones and they were all perfectly fine. IT was definetly a leak between the manifold gaskets and heads

I will get a picture tonight when im up there of how far off the straight edge is, its a good 2 mm from one end to the next.

The only Way I can see this intake fitting 100% would be to have the intake shaved so it was infact true..However Im not about to go through all that bs Im not on the hunt for EVERY SINGLE HP in my motor, its more a show queen than a driver. If in Canada Speeds shops were as common as they are in the states It wouldnt be an issue, however up here there is none worth going to (IMO) so im on my own.

ITs definetly dissapointing, however FAST customer service is evne worse than the product. Guy treated me like a ******* moron on the phone, and kept saying how my heads and motor arent proper and thats why it fits like ****. I had to speak to a higher up guy who actaully new LS based motors. The FAst fits like dick on both my 5.3 and 6.0, so its not like there was an error on my part as the 5.3 is stock heads
Old 08-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another intake here with the same problem, i havnt installed it yet or contacted comp about it, have had it for about a month sitting in the box after this thread came up i decided to check mine. Mine has issues on both sides on the second port back #3 & #4 are both "high", the straight egde will "teeter" sp? back and forth on that port if that makes sense. Im just gonna take it to a belt sander real quick and go on, i guess. Anyone see any problems doing that?
Old 08-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

glad i found this thread.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:49 PM
TOTM: June 2007

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats exactly what both my intake did
Old 08-07-2011, 11:29 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LsF-150
Another intake here with the same problem, i havnt installed it yet or contacted comp about it, have had it for about a month sitting in the box after this thread came up i decided to check mine. Mine has issues on both sides on the second port back #3 & #4 are both "high", the straight egde will "teeter" sp? back and forth on that port if that makes sense. Im just gonna take it to a belt sander real quick and go on, i guess. Anyone see any problems doing that?
I wouldn't touch it, if it's warped, send it back. You shouldn't have to machine an expensive intake like that to make it fit. Maybe if Comp/FAST gets enough intakes sent back to them they'll correct the problem
Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
I've yet to see one of their truck intakes NOT leak without a good deal of work. It is unfortunate.
What did you guys do to make them fit?

Rick
Old 08-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

I also have one that I haven't installed yet....glad I found this thread! I will be checking mine tomorrow. A $900 intake shouldn't have these kind of issues.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:25 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bentrek
I also have one that I haven't installed yet....glad I found this thread! I will be checking mine tomorrow. A $900 intake shouldn't have these kind of issues.
I couldn't agree more, for 900 bux it should come with a go-go dancer to install it for you ...I'd get a straight edge on that thing before you go tearing your truck apart and possibly end up stranded. Hopefully yours is OK and you can get the job done...be sure to post some pics and let us know how you like it if it's straight and you get er done

Quick Reply: Leaking LSXRT