Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Leaking LSXRT

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skolman91
Going by the few that have said that they would of gotten this intake including myself and wont now knowing this. I'd say they have lost out on a few sales, but i doubt that will hurt comp and their advertising much..

But if their were enough complaints, would they try to correct the problem or ignore it like they have know to do before is the question..?
Im also one of those people. Im interested to see if comp or fast is going to do something bc now im just gonna settle for the tbss mani
Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's really sad that they released such a nice, effective, intake that works well when it seals, but they're manufacturing process is obviously sub-par as is displayed by their products that either break, don't work, or don't fit right. As you guys have said, in this thread alone I've seen 5 or 6 prospective sales lost due to those who have purchased this intake and had these problems with it, and shared their experiences with us. I really wish that someone would/could get on Comp's *** about the crap that's coming out of their CNC machines or off of their assembly lines. It's really BS that Comp is wowing so many people with their awesome marketing program, and so many others are purchasing their products, just to have their rides stranded, and re-worked on multiple times to no fault of the fellow working on it

*EDIT* Not to mention that I really like their XER grinds and would strongly consider one for my LQ9, but now I'm scared of anything that's associated with Comp in any shape or form. Haven't seen too many cam failures, but what's left to go to the ******* with them? They want to increase profits, so what's next? Chinese blanks? (or are they already )
Old 08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rick_Vor
What did you guys do to make them fit?

Rick
More of our issues have been leaks from between the top and bottom half of the intakes. We've remedied it with cleaning the sealing surface, and using RTV silicone to help the seal.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I couldn't agree more, for 900 bux it should come with a go-go dancer to install it for you ...I'd get a straight edge on that thing before you go tearing your truck apart and possibly end up stranded. Hopefully yours is OK and you can get the job done...be sure to post some pics and let us know how you like it if it's straight and you get er done
10-4! I slept all day today and didn't look at the intake...I hate shift work.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Sierra2
Im also one of those people. Im interested to see if comp or fast is going to do something bc now im just gonna settle for the tbss mani
Yea no kiddin, i already have the tbss and was looking forward to moving up to something a little better.

Anybody get any pics yet..?
Old 08-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by skolman91
Yea no kiddin, i already have the tbss and was looking forward to moving up to something a little better.

Anybody get any pics yet..?
from the original thread...

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...%2A%2A-485886/
Old 08-14-2011, 02:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i just checked mine and its sitting down tight and flush, does not seem to be leaking from what i can see.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

wow, this is really horrible.

So the one drop-in intake we have for 99-02 doesn't even fit properly, and costs $900 on top of that? Sucks, because I'd like to buy one.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
wow, this is really horrible.

So the one drop-in intake we have for 99-02 doesn't even fit properly, and costs $900 on top of that? Sucks, because I'd like to buy one.
me two but im just goin to run my stock setup on mine for now
Old 08-14-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

hmm....sucks. I personally think I'd gain around 40 crank HP with this manifold over stock

Quick Reply: Leaking LSXRT