Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Lets discuss Intake manifolds LS1 vs LS6 vs Truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lets discuss Intake manifolds LS1 vs LS6 vs Truck

yea all 03's have the drive by wire system. I think its pretty cool! Supposedly eninge response, performance, etc. is better with it. Hmmmm I dont know about that but the idea of a drive by wire system is cool AND my 03's LM7 engine is amzingly responsive. BUT I dont know if this has ANYTHING to do with the drive by wire system.
I'm sure GM did it on the 03's for some reason!?
Old 05-11-2003, 06:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

greg, what about throttle cables, remember our cables are setup to come out and hook up to a throttlebody that is about 4" higher than the one on the ls1/ls6 intake manifold. that's the only thing that's kept me from doing this in the past...someone like MTI needs to come up with a conversion kit for the trucks to run the ls6 intake. that would be sweet.
MTI LS1 speed inc. Lingyflutter (who races ricer,trader) none of the big names care for trucks. Only Tbyrne FLP (to some extent) and texas speed. You wanna go to all that trouble for an LS6 manifold??? Why not just cut your losses that made you 10hp and get a Radix manfold and all.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

MTI LS1 speed inc. Lingyflutter (who races ricer,trader) none of the big names care for trucks. Only Tbyrne FLP (to some extent) and texas speed. You wanna go to all that trouble for an LS6 manifold??? Why not just cut your losses that made you 10hp and get a Radix manfold and all.
Not sure what you have heard, but MTI has their own Truck division with it's own store. Thunder racing has sales dedicated to trucks, and Futral has some of the quickest on the road.

The 10 hp bolt on is not what I'm talking about. The LS6 manifold will support over 600rwhp, where the LS1 and truck manifolds are at there limits. Isn't a radix a sheet metal anyway? I still want a steet driver, not a trailer queen that can't support adaily driving and cross Texas trips.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:46 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the 6.0L intake manifold the same as the 4.8/5.3? Are there any differences there that might make for an easier swap?

My truck pulls hard up top with the cam, I couldn't imagine what the LS6 intake would do! I guess that you would have to have EDIT to make it work right and bump the limiter up to 6500 or so.

I'm very interested in the details of this...keep us updated!