Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Lets play...Name that broken part

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would definately go with ARP rod bolts cheap insurance for what it does.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:06 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, did you rob a bank or something?

yeah, i would go with the rod bolts too, aren't they just $100 or so? easy to put in with the motor out too. then you can go to 6500+ if you feel like it.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No bank robbery. I have had this project on hold for awhile. Paid off all credit cards and have already purchased all major Christmas gifts. The 6.0 is my gift from Santa. I am willing to sink a few grand into it so I can leave it alone after it goes in. What goes in during the engine swap can be blended in with the engine install. If I wait on the cam etc.. the wife will know I am spending money on "That Stupid Truck" again.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like your way of thinking "blended in" LMAO yeah you should "blend" in as much as you can. Its definately going to run once you get done with it.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im due for a motor too.....mine is making that same sound, but only at idle and a little above and not all the time, it goes away then comes back WTF but i dont think it is quite as loud as yours was. Im just gonna get a 5.3 when I get cash and build it in my garage and just drive my truck how it is now.... I cant stop driving it cuz i would have to tell my parents and they would ****. My last truck I popped the motor 3 times on it...one was a head gasket one was the #7 piston disenigrated and the other was a rod.....needless to say I drive a little hard lol but I think it is time I drive a motor that is strong enought to take whatever i throw at it. I tried changing my bad habits but that lasted about 2 days soooooo ya. I have to sell this caddy I have and then I will be able to buy a motor.....Does anyone know where I could get a cheap low mi. 5.3??? Even tho I should build a forged 408 haha but that is a little past my budget right now...
Old 10-25-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

thats a broken pistion. Had the same thing happen to my when I broke one of my stock pistions. It sucks but it will lead to bigger and better things.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:40 PM

Yes,....yes it will.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
No bank robbery. I have had this project on hold for awhile. Paid off all credit cards and have already purchased all major Christmas gifts. The 6.0 is my gift from Santa. I am willing to sink a few grand into it so I can leave it alone after it goes in. What goes in during the engine swap can be blended in with the engine install. If I wait on the cam etc.. the wife will know I am spending money on "That Stupid Truck" again.
"THAT STUPID TRUCK" man I cant count how many times Ive heard that!! I got reamed out today after I made a comment that Ive spent all kinds of money on her stuff (anything in the house) and none on my stuff (truck) I was informed that house stuff is "OUR" stuff and truck stuff is "MY" stuff. I also get "Your truck site" alot.
Can you swap rod bolts leaving the longblock together?? Im waiting on a buddy to help me with my swap as well. Let me know how it goes.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:56 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
Blown Chevy...PM me a price on a 255lph inline fuel pump. Can I run that AND the maganvolt or should I just do one or the other? I have the red magnavolt right now, not installed yet.

P.S. No reservoir yet

Res should be on the way, or there will be heads rolling....

shoot me an e-mail at work about the pump.

Rod bolts will be a nice upgrade, I have always wondered though.....with boost we are never really on the rod bolts, I have yet to see a boosted motor with a rod bolt failure.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:10 PM

the rod bolts were an idea because of the cam and springs leading to me wanting to rev to 6500. So, you're saying if I do not go with the cam/springs, or even if I do, if I dont plan on reving that high the rod bolts are not required?
If I only do the cam and springs and rev only to 6000 do I NEED rockers and hardened push rods? I ask because Vinci wants another 650 for the rocker pkg.

Quick Reply: Lets play...Name that broken part