Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

lightning runs a 9.88, also thinking about crashing the lightning get together

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have been to that Lightning fest and personally know some of the guys that run that show in topeka. Really a great group of guys with some great looking fast trucks. With all the L bashing in this site i would find it weird that you guys want to join them? i think they would have the same feels as if i found a fast L and asked if i could enter an LS1tech shootout. probably wouldnt happen, but you guys can defintately show up and have a great time and find out what those trucks truely run (not 14.3-14.5 as most of the ignorants on this forum believe). go to www.nloc.net and ask Vern or Lil'Zues or a few other guys that race at that event.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:12 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dang, kinda took that in the wrong way i think. i dont recall too much lightning bashing going on around here. sweet looking and hard running is the way i see them.

if there was a gm get together and some ford guys wanted to come i would do all i could to get them in.

if there was a gm get together within 5 hours of my house i would be there, there isn't but there is a lightning meet, just thought it would be cool to go.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

I personaly think the lightnings are the sweetest STOCK trucks made at this point.(thanks GM)
The fastest i've seen a bone stock run was 13.5s. It was a 2002. I've also seen them run mid 14s on warm humid days. I was prety good friends with the guy at Mustang Motorsports in Jax and he was always building up Lightning motors. The stock engine and trany just wont hold up to consistant 12s. A few run high 11s on the stock heads and block, but it doesnt last long.

Any real race fan will not mind a chevy joining in the fun. Were all guys that love to race trucks.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

I say go for it!! If I had some pull in the L community I'd fight to let some of you in. But, as parish said, they just started letting us Harley truck boys come to the event. Good luck, I'm sure you would turn some heads.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

i have some connections with the topeka group let me see what i can do.. and if anything lets get some street action going on.. figure who wants to go it looks like its sept 24-26th.... im sure most of the L's could be taken care of on the street
later
Old 06-07-2004, 03:02 PM
single digit dreamer

hell yeah, i am in!
Old 06-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

you know i get **** started... i mean going lol
later
Old 06-07-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

get the raw dog racing crew out there they arent affraid to light up the streets of topeka and kansas city. the topeka/kc group of L owners are some of the best people i have ever met. dont get me wrong. i have just heard so much L bashing around here in the last year or so. "if our trucks were blown" "it takes a blower for ford to go fast" "if you bought a 01 wrecked and put 10K in the motor with a blower you would run X.XX" kinda talk. but if you just want to have a great time, go post over there and i am sure they would be GLAD to have the competition to talk to. Your truck has been talked about in the KC area, beleive me, from back in the supercharger days. i just moved from out there.

overall i think they would be thrilled to run a 10 second truck out there against their big dogs.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Teching In

This is Seth
Old 06-07-2004, 05:45 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by evilz06
This is Seth
SETH!! i shoud have figured that out with your sig!!

you can't beat the 4wd, what are you thinking?

Quick Reply: lightning runs a 9.88, also thinking about crashing the lightning get together