Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LLoyd Elliot Porting

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LLoyd Elliot Porting

So I have my LQ4 6.O in preperation for my swap and I have my mods in mind. Been researching a good Cylinder Head porting business that is "budget friendly" otherwise AFR would have undoubtably been my pick. My options are the LE3 package for Elliottsportworks.com, WCCH or TSP for port work. Does anyone have any experience with the LE's as I see the other brands are pretty familiar on this site?!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he is a local porter in our area, I have heard good things for budget builds. I have talked to him, and he sounds like he knows his stuff. I use another local porter that is great!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fastrt
he is a local porter in our area, I have heard good things for budget builds. I have talked to him, and he sounds like he knows his stuff. I use another local porter that is great!
Yeah, I had a friend recommend his service for my 96 Impala SS a few years back. Who would you suggest? WCCH and TSP seem pretty decent but I haven't heard of the until I joined this forum, but than again I am in the mid East-Coast
Old 09-01-2011, 10:28 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I have ran WCCH, and they made great power with a very mild port and large mill/small chamber. I run frankenstien race heads now, and they are nice. If I had the money, I would use trickflow heads with a custom cnc from Frankenstien....
Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WCCH is a great company, but there prices are a little more then I am comfy paying..
Old 09-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have ran WCCH, and they made great power with a very mild port and large mill/small chamber. I run frankenstien race heads now, and they are nice. If I had the money, I would use trickflow heads with a custom cnc from Frankenstien....
What kind of prices does he charge to do a set of heads. I have heard this name at the local hot rod spots..
Old 09-01-2011, 10:46 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
What kind of prices does he charge to do a set of heads. I have heard this name at the local hot rod spots..
It depends on what you want done. He is a bit pricey, but he is good and only uses quality parts. My 799 heads were 50% parts cost and cost around $1500. Good valves, and a custom dual spring set were more than the check out, clean, port and bowl blend, 6 angle valve job, and mill to 60cc. I got a lot done....cnc is $1100 I think.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

LE is well know for porting LT1 heads
WCCH has a good word in LS1tech sections
Old 09-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Teching In

Yeah, Elliot's site only has pricing for LT & LS heads which is why I am skeptical. He is well known for LT but I haven't heard about his work on the LS
Old 09-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Those figures put you in the AFR range! If I had the extra money AFR heads would be in the shop by now, they are unbeatable IMO. No too fond of buying aftermarket brand names when my factory heads flow well and I have them machined to flow just well or better. It has been proven.

Quick Reply: LLoyd Elliot Porting