Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Long Tubes

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:06 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Whatever you get, get something that is ceramic coated or get them ceramic coated. I have dynatechs on my truck and I just got them ceramic coated and they look alright the ceramic coater did a shitty job of coating them but Im getting refunded the full amount and get to keep them with the coating and they are stainless.
I'm gonna install my SW's as-is on my 5.3 first...just in case there's any fitment problems and I have to send them back, I wouldn't have blown the cash on the coating. Once I know they're good to go, I figure that I'll have them coated whenever I get around to the 6.0 swap...hopefully some time before my 40th birthday lol (I'm 35 now ha ha)
Old 12-18-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey yall, I know Pacesetters want fit a 4x4 but were is the cheapest place to get a set for a friend. I know Speed & Engineering sell them for $399.99 is there anywhere else cheaper. I appreciate it.....
Old 12-18-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

dynatechs didnt fit my friends 4wd truck. Hit the driveshaft. ANd dynatech have a very poor CS regarding it. Told him to bend the pipes. Went back to summit as soon as it came back off the truck. He is looking as thorley or asm.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Order 66
dynatechs didnt fit my friends 4wd truck. Hit the driveshaft. ANd dynatech have a very poor CS regarding it. Told him to bend the pipes. Went back to summit as soon as it came back off the truck. He is looking as thorley or asm.
That's wierd. It hit the DS on my truck and they told me to take it out. They sent a new one bent more to me and a call tag. when I called them and told them the new one was better but still hitting, they repeated the same process. Truck was never down for more than a few hours. They even supplied new gaskets and told me not to reuse them. they even warrantied my "oops" but that was another story,
Old 12-19-2005, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys, i just bought a set of pacesetters and hope they fit, im sending them out to get coated soon as they get here. if you guys and have anything to tell about pacesetters please let me know.... thanks

Last edited by Pjstucn; 12-19-2005 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-19-2005, 03:22 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pjstucn
Thanks guys, i just bought a set of pacesetters and hope they fit, im sending them out to get coated soon as they get here. if you guys and have anything to tell about pacesetters please let me know.... thanks
I thought that PaceSetter hasn't released their 4x4 header yet...unless you ordered shorties?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I thought that PaceSetter hasn't released their 4x4 header yet...unless you ordered shorties?

I bought them from a store on ebay, that swares that they fit 03-05 4x4s, said if they dont fit to send em back froa full refund of my money minus shipping.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:56 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pjstucn
I bought them from a store on ebay, that swares that they fit 03-05 4x4s, said if they dont fit to send em back froa full refund of my money minus shipping.

Ok clear this up for me please. You have pacesetter LT's on a 4wd and they fit? I have been waiting for them to fit a 4x4. Also what year is your truck, and what is the difference between the 99-02 and the 03 up that would cause differences in fitmet besides the EGR provisions? Thanks
Old 12-21-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by white1
Ok clear this up for me please. You have pacesetter LT's on a 4wd and they fit? I have been waiting for them to fit a 4x4. Also what year is your truck, and what is the difference between the 99-02 and the 03 up that would cause differences in fitmet besides the EGR provisions? Thanks
No, no, no... he said he just ordered a set off of EBay and probably hasn't gotten them yet. I was told direct from Pacesetter techs that their 2wd LT headers don't clear the 4x4/AWD parts (front arms/axles) and that the 4x4/AWD ones are due out very soon... Unless he baught shorty headers and not long tubes. That's all that comes up in Ebay stores is shorties if searching for Pacesetter. We're talking about long tubes!

Last edited by SS_bnoon_SS; 12-21-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS
No, no, no... he said he just ordered a set off of EBay and probably hasn't gotten them yet. I was told direct from Pacesetter techs that their 2wd LT headers don't clear the 4x4/AWD parts (front arms/axles) and that the 4x4/AWD ones are due out very soon... Unless he baught shorty headers and not long tubes. That's all that comes up in Ebay stores is shorties if searching for Pacesetter. We're talking about long tubes!

They came up after searching for headers, not pacesetter, and the guy(store) only had one set on the site. But ill let ya'll know what the deal is after i get or try to have they installed.. But they are long tubes. But we'll see..