Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

long tubes for my 2007 tahoe which to get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default long tubes for my 2007 tahoe which to get?

Just read through a huge thread on the ebay/obx or pacesetter headers but they dont fit my truck so hoping to hear from some guys with the later model like mine that have done them and what issues and if they had wished they went with some others. I dont mind spending a little more to get something better but to spend 950 on kooks or 1400 on american racing is a little nuts for my daily driver that I am doing this for mpg (I hope) more than power but that will be nice also. Waiting on the new z28 to drop so that will be my new speed toy and truck will be passed off to wife to drive more than me and she gripes about the gas mileage so any little bit will help on that. So what to get pace setters obx ebay or know of some other good brand that is under 800 bucks. Shorties not an option as I dont see 500 dollar gibsons doing squat for the truck and shorites really never do. Love to see this blow up into a huge later model thread as I havent found one yet on the 07 and up trucks like the few on the earlier ones. So need some help here guys and thanks in advance.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah you are about the Gibson, thats what I got now but already bought pasetter LTs and ORY and on ebay it says that will fit 07+ Tahoe's and trucks
Old 02-23-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Pacesetters w ORY for 07.5+ truck, there about $550 shipped on speed engineering--------->
Old 02-23-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

You should just get the eBay headers that will bolt straight up. If you want to make a thread that will "blow up" you have to offer people something useful, like a header review.... Not a thread with a theme that has been repeated over and over.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-F...#ht_2625wt_938
Old 02-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Teching In

I happen to care about my truck and not into putting garbage on it and why I am asking. I have read many about 06 and down and havent found one thread about the different ones for later model trucks where people got into it saying experiences and what they have used and what they would get and really dont need smart *** remarks from some *****. I am a senior member on 3rd gen and just getting into modding my tahoe and know how to read and post and do searches and didnt find what I wanted to know so started a new thread hoping to get some good in put from people that have done it. I have been doing my own tuning on f bodies and have the equipment to do just about any general motors vehicle through tunercat and do a lot of free stuff for people to help them out and it is the smart remarks like that that make me wonder why I bother joining some of these forums just to get crap from stupid kids using mommies credit card to buy there stuff. If thats not the case i wouldnt speak up and say so as it would just be an embarrassment to your self for your comment. If you dont have anything useful just keep your comments to your self and keep you hands in your pants and off the computer key board. Some of us come to places like this to get info and help out people when we can not just to shoot their mouth off.
So looking for guys that have 2007 and up 4x4 that have installed them and what problems if any and what else is out there other than ebay or pacesetters or if that is the best way to go. I really dont like the idea of 2.5 collectors on the ebay and rather just pay 500 to 800 for a better header than will perform better. I have access to a dyno and will be dynoing it after the headers to let others know what the gain was I have numbers now on the truck with the mods I have. really curious in if any gains in gas mileage as just by tuning it and playing with dod and lots of timing at crusing seeing over 20 mpg if I run around 80 mph. My truck was avg around 15 to 16 and now 19 avg and read some see as much as 2 mpg better with long tubes. Gas will be near 4 bucks a gallon here soon so better to act now and get what we can from these tanks. Friend of mine called last night and got his 2009 silverado off the dyno has typical bolt ons on the 5.3 and had them tune it on the dyno he has pacesetter long tubes on his with a flow cat back and it made 322 rwhp and 362 lbs of torque. I thought that was pretty good they picked up quite a bit with the tune and worked on it for a few hours. He isnt very happy with the pacesetters and why I started this thread to begin with. His is also 2 wheel drive so that doesnt help me with fitment issues that the late model may have with front drive shaft clearance like some of the early ones have. So the search continues.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lt1z350
I happen to care about my truck and not into putting garbage on it and why I am asking. I have read many about 06 and down and havent found one thread about the different ones for later model trucks where people got into it saying experiences and what they have used and what they would get and really dont need smart *** remarks from some *****. I am a senior member on 3rd gen and just getting into modding my tahoe and know how to read and post and do searches and didnt find what I wanted to know so started a new thread hoping to get some good in put from people that have done it. I have been doing my own tuning on f bodies and have the equipment to do just about any general motors vehicle through tunercat and do a lot of free stuff for people to help them out and it is the smart remarks like that that make me wonder why I bother joining some of these forums just to get crap from stupid kids using mommies credit card to buy there stuff. If thats not the case i wouldnt speak up and say so as it would just be an embarrassment to your self for your comment. If you dont have anything useful just keep your comments to your self and keep you hands in your pants and off the computer key board. Some of us come to places like this to get info and help out people when we can not just to shoot their mouth off.
So looking for guys that have 2007 and up 4x4 that have installed them and what problems if any and what else is out there other than ebay or pacesetters or if that is the best way to go. I really dont like the idea of 2.5 collectors on the ebay and rather just pay 500 to 800 for a better header than will perform better. I have access to a dyno and will be dynoing it after the headers to let others know what the gain was I have numbers now on the truck with the mods I have. really curious in if any gains in gas mileage as just by tuning it and playing with dod and lots of timing at crusing seeing over 20 mpg if I run around 80 mph. My truck was avg around 15 to 16 and now 19 avg and read some see as much as 2 mpg better with long tubes. Gas will be near 4 bucks a gallon here soon so better to act now and get what we can from these tanks. Friend of mine called last night and got his 2009 silverado off the dyno has typical bolt ons on the 5.3 and had them tune it on the dyno he has pacesetter long tubes on his with a flow cat back and it made 322 rwhp and 362 lbs of torque. I thought that was pretty good they picked up quite a bit with the tune and worked on it for a few hours. He isnt very happy with the pacesetters and why I started this thread to begin with. His is also 2 wheel drive so that doesnt help me with fitment issues that the late model may have with front drive shaft clearance like some of the early ones have. So the search continues.
WTG! Seems like you put someone in their place! AMEN
Old 02-24-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Those are some pretty good numbers your buddy got on the dyno. What didnt he like about the pacesetters?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you want really good quality and have the money to spend, i would go with ARH
Old 02-24-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I’m sure I’m not telling you anything new, but part of the higher price tag that some of the better headers on the market have is due to being available with a y-pipe with real catalytic converters. Just about, if not all of the lesser versions come with either an off-road y-pipe or one with resonators, not real converters, no matter how they advertise them. If one was interested in saving some money, yet wanting to run catalytic converters, they could purchase only the headers and re-use their factory converters. Yes, it will require you to cut and weld back up your exhaust, but you could get what you’re looking for (known quality and fitment), while saving a little money.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Hmmm. I won't really address the insults and what not because I'm not sure where you got your information from or why they were necessary.

Anyway, you say this:

I happen to care about my truck and not into putting garbage on it and why I am asking.
But in your original post, you say this:

I dont mind spending a little more to get something better but to spend 950 on kooks or 1400 on american racing is a little nuts for my daily driver that.

If you want good headers, you have to spend the money on them. If its not in your budget, then I like the OBX's the best.... Like I posted.

Quick Reply: long tubes for my 2007 tahoe which to get?