Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Longtube Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The quality of the headers themselves (TOG headers) is second to none! I don't know about the coating they use or tbyrne sells. I don't know if it's from TOG or if TByrne outsources it. I had mine coated at a local powder coating place for just under a bill, inside and out and I had the option of chrome or black. I wanted black so it would blend in and hide with everything else under the hood.

These headers will require you to cut the pipe in front of the cats about a half inch. After that, the collectors well have to be welded up to the factory Y-pipe. Other than that, the install is easy. I noticed a nice gain on my new truck with them, better than the old one. I think that is because of the ceramic coating though.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:42 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at my post and pictures on the ceramic coated Thorleys before you make a final decisiion https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....23&postcount=5. They are great headers, ceramic coated inside and out and add torque throughout the power band. They are the most reasonably priced of the bunch (among long tube headers).