Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

lookin for some dvice on addons

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default lookin for some dvice on addons

i have a pretty stock 5.3, i have a crew cab truck all stock except magnaflow with turndown and fac. electric fans, im lookin to do lt headers in a few months, but what else out there i can bolt-on r swap out to get a lil more outta the 5.3 besides tearing into the motor for now.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

prob the most basics every one goes with is exhaust work, cai and custom tune, then once you get tired of that its eaither n/a or boost.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sterling, i know cash is limited, get a cai, i got mine off of ebay, k&n for $100 shipped to my door. a vette servo is about $50 bucks, save up for some long tubes, i personally run pacesetter long tubes, ory. you can beef up your gears as well. my friend who has everything for your drop has some 373s if youre interested as well. things will have to be done over time, like we discussed before. but after you get a decent amount of mods, or even now, a tune will really wake your truck up.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:43 AM
formerly 98wytebord (3-14-2012)

Yep I'm on the same boat as you as not tearing into the engine but do like he said^^^^.On mine i did the spectre cai from autozone,pacesetter LTs,changed my exhaust and did a tune. IMO I would wait for a tune until u did a couple things. My truck did come with the 3:73's and I like them. The tune will wake that thing up. Nice truck man. Looks like your not far from me right here in Gramercy/Convent.Oh yea HP is addicting.lol
Old 07-01-2010, 08:59 AM
11 Second Truck Club

If you want BANG for your buck in performance feel get a Converter...

http://www.circledspecialties.com/p-...converter.aspx

That one would be a good beginners converter and ask for it to be as loose as possible. I've gota 3600 hundred and it drives like stock. That will give you room for cam when your ready. If your looking to get serious later bite the bullet now and get a billet but if you just wanna play around a little a 3200 would work nicely, that and a TR220 cam would make for a nice little hotrod, with maybe a small shot of spray you'd have a 12 sec truck. if your gonna ask for anything less then 3000 don't waste your time.

A converter will make your truck feel more powerful then CAI, headers, underdrive pullies, a tune, blah, blah, blah all put together!!!

Last edited by MPFD; 07-01-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MPFD
If you want BANG for your buck in performance feel get a Converter...

http://www.circledspecialties.com/p-...converter.aspx

That one would be a good beginners converter and ask for it to be as loose as possible. I've gota 3600 hundred and it drives like stock. That will give you room for cam when your ready. If your looking to get serious later bite the bullet now and get a billet but if you just wanna play around a little a 3200 would work nicely, that and a TR220 cam would make for a nice little hotrod, with maybe a small shot of spray you'd have a 12 sec truck. if your gonna ask for anything less then 3000 don't waste your time.

A converter will make your truck feel more powerful then CAI, headers, underdrive pullies, a tune, blah, blah, blah all put together!!!
Definately X2 on this one. I got a 3000 stall and love it!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

I am VERY new to this stuff. Especially internal mods. What does a converter do? I know a little about them, but not much.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what yall think about this? http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=990&catid=45

also i have been reading about vette servos is that a yay r nay on something i should get cuz there hella cheap on ebay.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

1.Tune
2.gears+detroit tru trac
3.converter+servo+cooler+shift kit
4.headers
5.small bolt ons
that should get you started

I wish i would have got a converter earlier.
Tune and Gears were the 2 mods that i felt the most from (besides the cam)
Old 07-02-2010, 10:57 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by slpsilverado
I am VERY new to this stuff. Especially internal mods. What does a converter do? I know a little about them, but not much.

here you go http://www.fearthemonster.com/techinfo/torqueconverter/

Quick Reply: lookin for some dvice on addons