Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Looking for Inline Pump install thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 09:49 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would be interested
Old 09-13-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

The pump is very easy to install with the right fitting (i found that thread and its a cake walk with the right part). Anyways to wire it is very easy as well. To pick up power just tape onto the fuse box on the drivers side with cover over it. Take the plastic cover off the thing and you will see 2 studs it there. This is where you pick up your power from. Just like on the whipple. Add a relay and a fuse holder and your all set for power. Then pull an ignition power source to the relay and get a good ground under the truck to the pump. Hope this help. Pm me with any question you have and i will do my best to help.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gao8302
The pump is very easy to install with the right fitting (i found that thread and its a cake walk with the right part). Anyways to wire it is very easy as well. To pick up power just tape onto the fuse box on the drivers side with cover over it. Take the plastic cover off the thing and you will see 2 studs it there. This is where you pick up your power from. Just like on the whipple. Add a relay and a fuse holder and your all set for power. Then pull an ignition power source to the relay and get a good ground under the truck to the pump. Hope this help. Pm me with any question you have and i will do my best to help.
oh you found the write up thread? post the link

and thanks, i'll probably wire it to there
Old 09-13-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heres this one i found on the net. I will post the thread for here as well just give me a min. to find it. This is a link to a pump install page. Also very helpful.

http://www.usrallyteam.com/downloads...stallation.pdf
Old 09-13-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here you go guys.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...itting+install
Old 09-13-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh... thanks anyways, that was the same link someone posted earlier in this thread...

its okay.. i think i got it, not a big deal, i was just messing with getting everything to fit right today, idk if that 4 ft piece of ss hose is going to be long enough... i guess i just cut that in half.. i'll have to fab it up and see
Old 09-14-2006, 06:05 AM
Staging Lane

Dammit...I almost starting do the install tonight, but read this thread one last time...glad I did....I have all the s/s hose and connector stuff from Summit,,,but didn't get the relay. I'm a bit a bit bummed that Allen didn't offer me the relay and harness with the fuel pump, injectors and tune. I should be able to get a relay kit from NAPA tomorrow. I could have ordered one with the s/s hose gear from Summit if I had known earlier.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:45 AM

do you need the SS hose? i probably didnt read this htread carefully enough
Old 09-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

I talked with Allen about it. He said you didn't need the s/s hose and that they normally just cut the fuel line and splice the pump inline. Rubber fuel hose and clamps. I just didn't want to cut my fuel line. If I ever decide to sell, I want to return things to normal. And s/s line with Earl's fittings looks bad ***.

If you're not that concerned then save your money and just get some 3/8" rubber fuel line from autozone for $5. The Earl's fittings are an additional $100 on top of the fuel pump.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:26 PM

thats good to know....i think ill just stick with the rubber hose and worm gear clamps....

Quick Reply: Looking for Inline Pump install thread